Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Childrens home

On 2 Aug 2006 at 8:18am Dorothy wrote:
Does anyone remember the childrens home in Lewes,I think it was called St Annes.
Anyone out there who was in this home

On 2 Aug 2006 at 4:32pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Know of a St. Annes which used to be sited near Lewes Cemetry, though I thought it was a special school rather than a home.
PhilX

On 3 Aug 2006 at 9:48am expat wrote:
It certainly was and I believe still is a children's special needs school. Up near top end of town from memory.

On 3 Aug 2006 at 12:07pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Fink it closed... ... ...

On 3 Aug 2006 at 12:50pm me wrote:
Closed last year.

On 3 Aug 2006 at 12:58pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
and so endeth chavs edukayshun...

On 3 Aug 2006 at 6:13pm Chav wrote:
Yea shame really, great skool for getting away with anyhing,smoking in the stationary cupboard,skivin maths and stuff. Did me no harm.

On 3 Aug 2006 at 9:56pm SHS wrote:
It closed - despite passionate appeals by parents, staff and pupils - because the local council wants to sell the land for housing.

On 3 Aug 2006 at 10:12pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
How cynical SHS. I seem to remember them saying that children with special needs would do better in main stream schools rather than be segregated (to be bullied and teased no doubt). I'm sure that just because the site is a prime plot just off Rotten Row made no difference whatsoever. And pigs fly.

On 9 Aug 2006 at 3:05pm Brian wrote:
It wasn't for retarded kids only.My first ever girlfriend, bles sher for dumping me for Gavin, that b@stard. Anyway, she wasn't slow or anything, just bad childhood. Lived in a foster home in Falmer, parents abandoned her when she was young so she ewasn't particulary keen on studying, hence dating me i guess! *Sigh*

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 108:132
Southover Grange and Gardens

Heart of Stone!!! Spare us the,sob, falling leaves Oh Sultan of Sanctimony. I expect, with your oleaginous and patronising tone,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams
Brighton Jobs