Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Bonfire

On 6 Nov 2015 at 9:45am Spicey T wrote:
Was anyone else kept awake last night? I think I got about two hours' sleep!
On 6 Nov 2015 at 9:53am Bang wrote:
Oh well at least you'll sleep tonite poor you .shame you didn't research Lewes before you moved here . Be better next year it's a Saturday yessss
On 6 Nov 2015 at 9:59am Spicey T wrote:
I am a long-term resident....
On 6 Nov 2015 at 10:04am Peevesy wrote:
I am a long term rug user.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 10:06am Spicey T wrote:
If I'd had a flying carpet/rug, I'd have gone by about 10pm!
On 6 Nov 2015 at 10:33am Bang wrote:
Ffs it's finished . Over for another year stop whining
On 6 Nov 2015 at 11:06am guy wrote:
if you are a long term resident, then you should have prepared. stop whining.... ooohhhh I'm not going to take any precautions to the event I know is coming, then I can lay there watching the clock, that'll give me something to moan about tomorrow!!!.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 11:26am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I found last night much quieter than the previous night. Maybe the wind was carrying the noise in the opposite direction. (Not my wind, I hasten to add!)
On 6 Nov 2015 at 11:59am Earl of Lewes wrote:
I slept soundly from 10.00 until 6.00. It was definitely quieter than usual.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 12:15pm Bang wrote:
All I can say is roll on 2016 it's a Saturday night bigger crowds bigger build up , more noise and more pissed off dfls
On 6 Nov 2015 at 1:11pm Country Boy wrote:
Never heard a thing last night - first time ever.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 1:26pm Lewes Lady wrote:
Two Saturdays on the trot now! Lovely.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 1:38pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Born and bred Lewes but,loud bangs at 3.45 am rather unnecessary don't you think?
On 6 Nov 2015 at 2:10pm Bored of boring people! wrote:
Seriously people who live in Lewes moaning about Lewes bonfire ! Every year is the same thing time to get over it or move on ! It's so boring the same old saps moaning about it !
On 6 Nov 2015 at 2:12pm Bored of boring people! wrote:
Seriously people who live in Lewes moaning about Lewes bonfire ! Every year is the same thing time to get over it or move on ! It's so boring the same old saps moaning about it !
On 6 Nov 2015 at 2:24pm Bang wrote:
A simple alternative would be get involved . Help with torch making , bonfire building whatever you want . This isn't a recruitment drive I don't give a toss whether you do or you don't but get involved you never know you may enjoy it
On 6 Nov 2015 at 2:27pm Horseman7 wrote:
I had a lovely evening (Old Malling Way). 10 good friends and neighbours visited for sausage and mash, I got the tea urn out and my pets (dog and 3 cats) were absolutely fine. The only note of dissent was from the tom cat, who got a bit annoyed with one of my guests for daring to sit in his chair.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 3:28pm Peevesy wrote:
Around 3 am this morning we drove our old Ford Sierra out to a field near Chalvington and set fire to it. As is the same every year we pack the car we intend to ignite with old easy-start aerosols and butane canisters we have collected on site. It went up like a bas***d this year and the sound echoed around for miles. Just for good measure we string about thirty ropes of rookies up the trees thereabouts and set them off so there's a bang every few minutes until lunchtime next day. What with all that and burning a pile of tyres around the car to get her going it's a corking way to have fun. It's private land and we do it for no reason whatsoever other than to celebrate the fact that as country people we don't have to have a reason for anything. Here's to next year , we're going to burn a Vulcan bomber. Too popular by half they are.

On 8 Nov 2015 at 11:44pm Spicey T wrote:
I am not a DFL..... They are all in SBS aren't they?

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 32:132
Down the Pan

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell