Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Beggers

On 8 May 2015 at 11:02pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Two faces around Lewes begging.Girl and young lad.Saw a cap in front of him saying homeless!He is NOT!
On 9 May 2015 at 4:43am p.c wrote:
Do not like people begging . Whats the law on beggimg
On 9 May 2015 at 6:14am beggars belief wrote:
Let me help you - type " UK law on begging " into a search engine FFS
On 9 May 2015 at 8:52am Outintheestates wrote:
A bit like the guy who used to be in the precinct that had the dog . And made a dreadful racket on a penny whistle thing . He wasn't homeless either
On 9 May 2015 at 8:58am Country Boy wrote:
and probably on benefits?
On 9 May 2015 at 9:11am Tipex wrote:
Ah the tory spirt has already kicked in...
On 9 May 2015 at 9:39am Jennifer wrote:
They better not be there today. I'm bringing my children into the town to go shopping. Beggars are ugly in such a pretty place and people don't like to see them specially on a day when tourists might come in. If we complain to police why can't they be taken away? Can't they do that if a person asks?
On 9 May 2015 at 10:03am Juniper wrote:
Tell the Bill that the beggar has a car parked on double yellows - they'll soon bang 'em up
On 9 May 2015 at 10:28am Hermann wrote:
Couldn`t we just round them up and put them into camps?
On 9 May 2015 at 10:43am busby wrote:
The eastern europeans who sell big issue in Lewes can be seen at the end of the day heading back to their car parked in Malling. Probably heading back to a comfy house.
On 9 May 2015 at 11:30am Earl of Lewes wrote:
I suspect trolling from Jennifer. As far as the Big Issue sellers go, I feel a mixture of annoyance and guilt every time I hear the words "Big Issue pleeese". I thought that the point of selling it was that it gave homeless people a chance to get on their feet and find a job, but instead it seems to be the job itself. If they really have a car, that's rather odd. But I'd like to know more about their story before I make a judgement.
On 9 May 2015 at 11:40am Mark wrote:
The beggars started appearing round about the same time as the last round of benefit changes. We had best get used to their presence.
On 9 May 2015 at 2:13pm blind beggar wrote:
Mark you do talk a load of b****cks. There were beggers in the town when Bliar was in power.
On 9 May 2015 at 2:23pm Country Boy wrote:
And the druggies - where do they get their money from?
On 9 May 2015 at 3:04pm Belladonna wrote:
Well country boy, the 'druggies' usually get their money by working for it. Just like the majority of smokers and alcoholics. You wouldn't believe the amount of city workers on good money who are also coke and heroin addicts.
On 9 May 2015 at 3:15pm Country Boy wrote:
I don't have a problem if they are paying for it with their hard earned cash.
On 9 May 2015 at 3:49pm Mark wrote:
I don't think I am Blind Beggar. Been in the location I'm in for 11 years. Close to where they tend to be. There were none at all for the first few years. Then I started to see the odd, very occasional one. Clearly you can't pick a precise "year that it began", but it has became a relatively normal thing to see beggars over the last few years. Not a daily occurrence yet, of course.
On 9 May 2015 at 4:27pm trooper wrote:
Experince of the "Big Issue" sellers in Brighton,some six months past. The seller was outside the Waitrose store in Western Road, he appeared to be doing quite well, until all of a sudden he went into the shop and emerged five minutes later with a bottle of Sherry wine that he proceeded to drink on the pitch from which he was selling the paper.He would not be the first I have seen with cans of lager,strong cider etc
I asked the beggar on the Cliffe Bridge if he had served in HM Forces he said he had but could state NO evidence of this when questioned. PLease do not encouage thse people here.
On 9 May 2015 at 6:04pm Ross wrote:
I can see why it would annoy some people especially those who beg who aren't homeless and do claim benefits. But there are those who are homeless and don't claim benefits. I think it's unreasonable to tar all beggars with the same brush. But it's typical of lewes people. Looking down on others less fortunate than themselves. These people are humans after all. Shame not all of you are. Some of these people probably have genuine problems wether it be with drink, drugs, depression or other things. And all most of you do is hate on them. These beggars have fallen on hard times. We should be supporting each other rather than passing judgement. However, I fell this post has been wasted on most wannabe upper middle class scum that visit this forum.
On 9 May 2015 at 6:11pm Old Bloke wrote:
@Ross - congratulations on possibly the most stupidly ill informed post ever on this (often very peculiar) forum
Are you one of those middle class students who thinks refusing to wash and calling people scum proves your working class revolutionary credentials
On 9 May 2015 at 6:15pm Ross wrote:
Please tell me how you think my post was ill informed?
And no, I'm not a student. Unless you get 30 year old students?! I'm part of the working class if you must know.
Anyway, now you know a little about me, in curious to know more about you.
What's your favourite colour?
D1CK!
On 9 May 2015 at 6:17pm Mark wrote:
Don't worry about it Ross. Old Bloke is a bit special. He gets cross.
On 9 May 2015 at 6:29pm trooper wrote:
Why is it we have beggars?? we do after all have the "Welfare State" This exists to help these unfortunates, irrespective of colour ,creed or calling, can they not claim benefits?? if they are in dire need.
Just a thought.
On 9 May 2015 at 10:48pm Decent Citizen wrote:
The money conned from public is NOT for food!! Fact!

On 9 May 2015 at 11:03pm Jude wrote:
At least two of the 'beggars' busk for their donations. The guy who does John Martyn covers is a very humble man. I had a long discussion with him when he was playing on a freezing night near Bills. At that time he was sleeping in his friend's shed. I wished I could have given him a decent bed for the night, but I was able to give him a warm sleeping bag. There is no homeless shelter in Lewes.
On 10 May 2015 at 1:19am Decent Citizen wrote:
The youngish lad I speak of,usually in passage way towards brewery,lives in a flat at Land port! Fact! Police move him on! Lately in High Street towards post office with begging cap saying homeless!.Wonder if DHSS aware?Names David.

On 10 May 2015 at 2:39pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
To get benefits you need a permanemt address, which homeless people by definition don't have. Whether all beggars are homeless is another issue, but even if they're not, mental illness and substance abuse all have their part to play. I know that there are frauds out there, but there must be easier ways to make money than standing or sitting in the cold for hours.
On 10 May 2015 at 4:39pm Eddie Morality wrote:
Outintheestates
"The guy who used to be in the precinct that had the dog . And made a dreadful racket on a penny whistle thing . He wasn't homeless either".
As far as I know He never claimed that he was homeless!
And he doesn't claim Benefits either!
There really are some sanctimonious evil gossiping people on this forum! Don't they have any respect for themselves?
I refuse to believe that they're all from around here.
Lewes is better than that..
On 10 May 2015 at 6:09pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Having seen a cap with "homeless" written on it and know for fact not homeless how does that make me a sanctimonious gossip monger?
On 10 May 2015 at 7:03pm Citizen Smith wrote:
How about a Cap with Moronic written on it will that fit?
On 10 May 2015 at 8:01pm Bevilastard wrote:
Some people who claim to be homeless are not. Some people who are claiming benefits are not entitled to them. Some people who run businesses don't pay the tax they should pay. So, judging by the opinions of some in this forum, ALL people claiming to be homeless have homes, ALL people claiming benefits are criminals and ALL business owners should be prosecuted.
Have some perspective, people. If you're not sure, go and speak to the person concerned. If you think they're doing something illegal, do something about it. If they are genuinely on hard times, why not help them? You took the time to go and vote Tory, now go and do something useful
On 10 May 2015 at 9:28pm angela wrote:
What idiot said if you are 30 you cannot be a student???? I was a mature student at 40, as well as being a single parent. For the record, I gained a 1st class with hons in history at Sussex Uni. I have also been on benefits. There are so many ill informed, bigoted twats on this site!

On 10 May 2015 at 11:16pm Hermann wrote:
Why not round them up and put them into camps?

On 11 May 2015 at 1:44am Goebbels wrote:
Ja, Ich stimme mit Ihnen Herman schickt die reichen Schnorrer alle auf eine einfache Fahrt auf Uranus und vergessen Sie nicht, sie müssen ihre Steuern zu zahlen!

On 11 May 2015 at 1:43pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Go kochen bringen sie lhren kopt du dumme schulkind!

2 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny 21:132
Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny

'The sooner politics gets out of the way of medicine the better for all concerned.'

Health is a political issue. Thaty's why... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams