Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes Artisans

On 11 Nov 2006 at 9:40pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Did anyone see that ad Lewes Artisans put in the Express this week?
What a bloody shower!
They say 'Lewes Artisans is dead, Long live Lewes Artisans' and then they say we are not handing it over to anyone else do not accept any imitations!!
Nice to know they care about their ex customers (the artisans).
Shouldn't they pass it on to someone else if they can't manage to keep it going themselves?
They do however thank everyone (except the artisans) who's made it a success!!
Bravo boys, I hope you don't treat all your customers like that.

On 12 Nov 2006 at 4:54pm SHS wrote:
I think you'll find that it was closed down partly because customers were rightly considered more important than the ever-growing administrative burden of Lewes Artisans and because customers were starting to blame Lewes Artisans for any problems that arose with a trader in the LA group. As far as I am aware LA was just a group of professionals that had the bright idea of doing some advertising and forming a community and I think it worked very well. Full marks to LA for knowing their priorities and having the commercial nous to be decisive and bold when the situation needed it. The core of people that started LA are dedicated to their trades and to their customers - for whom incidentally they are irreplaceable - and their work stands the test of time, use and abuse.

On 12 Nov 2006 at 10:59pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Whose customers? Lewes Artisans or the artisans themslves who surely should be servicing their customes themselves.
Why are they irreplaceable?

On 15 Nov 2006 at 2:00pm Boaring wrote:
Boaring

On 15 Nov 2006 at 3:49pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Good post! You know how to light up a room I'll bet.

On 15 Nov 2006 at 4:31pm The Reverend wrote:
Dunno what boaring has to do with it. What is 'boaring' anyway?

On 15 Nov 2006 at 7:18pm SHS wrote:
Anyone got a Lewes Artisans mug? Should be worth a few bob soon...... plus I wonder if the chap (or girl?) blowing up parking metres (meters?) is (was?) a Lewes Artisan, with a web page showing his/her latest work of destruction....

On 8 Dec 2006 at 10:06am LitliGirL wrote:
I'm Batsy,
from Taiwan,
and I'm 19 y.o

Hi, Everyone
I've studied English sinse Summer .
It's Really difficult
I want like to meet handsome gays and girls and practisice My English with them.

Kiss!!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

Itís a little narcissistic to assume I care what you think. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington