Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lewes-London Commute?

On 24 Jul 2011 at 10:29am Red wrote:
Moving to Lewes next month and commuting up to London for work for a bit can anyone tell me what the commute at peak time to London is really like? Can you get a seat...I'm guessing probably not...
On 24 Jul 2011 at 10:41am bazm wrote:
Blimey, you're brave......(posting on here and mentioning London)
Seriously, no problem commuting, it only really gets crowded from Haywards Heath onwards. And you have the option of going via Brighton if you miss a train.
On 24 Jul 2011 at 12:25pm Lopster wrote:
commute is fine - only problem is that the service is worse during the morning rush (approx every 45 minutes) than the off-peak (2 an hour)
On 24 Jul 2011 at 4:21pm Red wrote:
Thanks for replying, do many people commute up to London from Lewes? I'm only doing it on a temporary basis till the job in Brighton starts. Just wanted to find out if I could get a seat in the mornings, the idea of standing for an hour doesnt appeal!!

On 24 Jul 2011 at 4:32pm Tango wrote:
Did it for years! No probs with getting a seat....coming back can be an issue tho'!
On 24 Jul 2011 at 8:32pm Boris wrote:
A fanfare please for yet another DFL moving in.

On 24 Jul 2011 at 9:23pm Yaaaaawn wrote:
Red? Red rag to a bull. Posted similar stuff before. Dull windup merchant with nothing interesting to say. Ignore.
On 24 Jul 2011 at 11:21pm Red wrote:
Boris - I never said which town I was moving down from...
On 25 Jul 2011 at 12:24pm Commuter wrote:
Commute to London is fine, they are every 1/2 hour not 45mins. I always get a seat unless there is a reduced carriage service which doesn't happen often.

On 25 Jul 2011 at 6:12pm Observer wrote:
Commuter - it depends how early you want to leave Lewes, there are direct trains at roughly 5.30, 6.05, 6.50 and then more regularly and yes there is 45 minutes between 6.05 and 6.50.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Rugby Club 78:132
Lewes Rugby Club

And the existing footpaths from Lewes to Southease alongside the river are narrow, and not safe for children, besides being... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde