Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Lazy charity shop workers

On 26 Jul 2012 at 1:11pm Owens wrote:
I took some clothes into a chairty shop at the top end of Lewes earlier this week only to walk into a b*****ng contest between two volunteers and a manager who just sat there and looked at me ,rolled her eyes and continued to eat a bacon sandwich.
On 26 Jul 2012 at 1:49pm Cheeky Monkey wrote:
Were they all women?
How old were they (approx)?
Did any of them look like they were mentally deficient or a bit mad?

On 26 Jul 2012 at 2:23pm Lewes Resident wrote:
OWENS - Name and shame the shop,
Not all charity shop workers are lazy_ most of them are volunteers.I volunteer in one of the shops at the top of the town and i can assure you will not find that sort of behaviour in our shop.

On 28 Jul 2012 at 6:52pm jrsussex wrote:
How about a charity that you are supporting by doing something and leave a sponsorship form in one of their shops. The staff then put that form in their staffroom and never seek sponsors. I found that quite incredible, the excuse being that the volunteers didn't appreciate what they should have done (ie put the form on the counter).

On 30 Jul 2012 at 2:15pm jojo wrote:
If its the one close to the santander then thats old news i once made the mistake of taking my clothes that the kids had grown out of there as i thought that any charity shop would appreciate quality clothes some with the Gap/Next labels still intact and never worn. I loaded up the car and kids parking was a nightmare on that hill ....... and instead of a thankyou for lugging 5 bags of clothes into the shop on my own i was confronted with a lady whom instead of saying thank you just sat there with a vaccant look on her face then said what have you got.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery Lewes 39:132
Harveys Brewery Lewes

What will channel 4 news be without him and his colourful ties? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone