Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Last night and tomorrow.

On 12 Apr 2013 at 10:00am Rookie wrote:
Tremendous 2-0 win by the boys last night v Margate. 411 people urging them on helped. They have to do it again tomorrow v Leiston though. A big crowd would help. 3pm at the pan. Kids go free.
Come on you Rooks.
On 12 Apr 2013 at 11:27am jrsussex wrote:
Rookie - Being a football nut, albeit a gooner, I have to ask you; are you the most ardent fan that Lewes has or are you their PA man? You certainly come across as a committed fan, the type that all local clubs sorely need.

On 12 Apr 2013 at 12:29pm Rookie wrote:
I am nowhere near the most ardent fan. I know some who have been supporters and volunteers for over 60 years. I am not a club official either. I am merely one of the 800-odd ordinary owners and supporters who is quite proud of the way that the club is attempting to be run..... by the community, by supporters and balancing the books, rather than a sugar daddy or company pumping money in a la Whitehawk. This means we have to play genuine local youngsters too rather than someone on a lot of money from London. This seems to me the way that it should be at all levels. but it is never going to happen. It probably means that we will never win anything either but at least we should remain solvent rather than the boom and bust cycles we see too often. As it happens I quite admire the way your lot Arsenal won't break the bank either to keep up with the Manchester moneybags, but it will probably end up with a lack of silverware.
I post on here to try and raise awareness of what a little gem of a club we have in our midst. If it gets just one more person through the gate it's worth it. In theory the more we raise the ownership the more we can invest in better playing staff as you need some experience in the team.
I love being part of it. With Support and Save I actually get way more than my owner fees back. A real win-win scenario.
Cue Seagull to try and shoot me down in flames..........

On 12 Apr 2013 at 2:18pm jrsussex wrote:
I admire yur enthusiasm, people such as you are what every community needs but are not always appreciated. At local level you of course are right in that the wages paid to minor players it beyond belief and the reason clubs such as Lewes struggle. But with supporters like you in the community they will survive. Well done, I hope the club appreciate you.

On 12 Apr 2013 at 2:26pm jrsussex wrote:
I admire yur enthusiasm, people such as you are what every community needs but are not always appreciated. At local level you of course are right in that the wages paid to minor players it beyond belief and the reason clubs such as Lewes struggle. But with supporters like you in the community they will survive. Well done, I hope the club appreciate you.

On 12 Apr 2013 at 8:47pm Seagull wrote:
I dont have to shoot you down as you have never ever got off the ground. Support a proper club in a proper league playing in a proper stadium

On 13 Apr 2013 at 11:37am drone wrote:
You moron, Seagull. Glory hunters like you know nothing about the game. Most players who make it, start at the bottom. Without small teams like Lewes there would not be teams like Brighton. The only survivors would be those with budgets big enough to run vast academy set ups. Still, when the gay boys start to slide, we`ll hear no more from you. Plastic supporters like you make me sick.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:143
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum