Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Landport? whats it like?

On 9 Nov 2004 at 8:54pm Crawley pete wrote:
I am looking at moving to lewes due to work commitments, and travelling is a right pain. I have looked at houses around the area called landport. could you tell me what is is like, as it is about all I could afford in the area
On 9 Nov 2004 at 9:09pm not telling in fear of my nadgers wrote:
Landport used to have a poor reputation upto about 10 years ago. since many people have bought their council houses, the area has picked up. Its a lot better than it was. this post is from a non resident. I live on the Malling estate across the river. You could do worse. Hope this helps.
On 10 Nov 2004 at 1:42am The Reverend wrote:
hahaha don't talk to me and mr sleeping lion about landport!!!! one word of advise though.... AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
On 10 Nov 2004 at 6:50am Landport res, wrote:
Why is that? if you go on about crime rate in landport you are talking utter crap. I have lived in Landport all my life apart from one year when I moved to chailey. the saying goes crime doesnt happen on there own doorstep. meaning all the crims come from outside landport! I have never had anything happen to me, I have left my car unlocked on many occasions overnight and have even left my keys in my front door, I have had a friend who was burgled and police arrested a youth living on neville estate! My parents live in Malling and there are more undesirables living there than landport. REV stop talking bollxxxs
On 10 Nov 2004 at 8:41am Black Watch wrote:
For the same money, you could buy a nice place in Falluja. Its much safer

On 10 Nov 2004 at 8:49am Working Class Hero wrote:
Do'nt listen to middle class t*ssers like reverend and lion. Although I do'nt live there now I have in the past and it's ok.
On 10 Nov 2004 at 12:59pm The Reverend wrote:
all you get in landport is constant litter in the street and dirty unwashed chavs running about like morons when they should either be in school or shot.
On 10 Nov 2004 at 1:42pm dave wrote:
Landport is miserable along with Ousedale, lots of scallys up to mischief. Two of my friends (one of which is 55 and was walking home to his wife) have been attacked by people i KNOW live there. It's a shame, because Lewes is so beautiful....
On 10 Nov 2004 at 4:08pm me wrote:
Don't tar everyone with the same brush. you get chavs everywhere in this town. If you wanna know who not to live next to i suggest you pay a visit to the volunteer public house on any night cos thats where all the chavs/muggers/burglars hang out. I would take some form of antibiotic before during and after a visit to the above named pub just to be on the safe side.
On 10 Nov 2004 at 6:20pm Sleeping Lion wrote:
The Reverend is quite right.If you insist on moving to Landport ensure your life assurance is paid up,your no claims bonus on the car is protected and finally get a very good burglar alarm.
I recomend Malling myself but then I am bias having grown up there.
On 10 Nov 2004 at 7:30pm More Tea Vicar? wrote:
Dear Crawley Pete...
Let's put it this way... don't entirely believe the estate agents blurb that you will have read regarding Landport housing.
They have been known to be economical with the truth.
Idea!
Rather than commit to moving to Landport have you considered camping... or a park bench maybe?
PhilX
On 10 Nov 2004 at 7:49pm Mike Arwontstart wrote:
Landport used to be a fantastic place. Then they built houses on it
On 10 Nov 2004 at 8:45pm Re-Housed Traveller wrote:
nuffing rong wiv lamport
On 10 Nov 2004 at 9:30pm Hood wrote:
If you sensibly don't want to pay the mad house prices of central Lewes, go to Newhaven, on the road to the Fort. They've not built on the sea yet and you can shoot Witticakes and Emptymars and other exotic birds in season. BUT watch out for peak-hour traffic on the roads to Lewes, i.e. depends on your working hours....

On 10 Nov 2004 at 9:32pm Waddock Hunt wrote:
Well nothing a few gallons of petrol wont cure
On 10 Nov 2004 at 9:57pm Buffalo Bill wrote:
You ARE kidding I presume? Newhaven's a place you leave not aspire to.
On 10 Nov 2004 at 9:58pm T. Small wrote:
Oh please come to Landport
ps. What nice stuff do you have?
On 10 Nov 2004 at 10:15pm Hood wrote:
Then explain to Mr Crawley. The only parts of Newhaven I know are the parts leading to the sea which to me seem fine. But depends on how much you like the sea and what else goes on in the town (like would you send your kids to school there Mr Crawley?) so I may be wrong. But I wasn't kidding.

On 10 Nov 2004 at 10:19pm King of Nevill wrote:
The best thing about landport is that it is far enough away from Nevill.

On 10 Nov 2004 at 10:21pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Are you still on the run Timmy?
On 11 Nov 2004 at 3:47am The Reverend wrote:
haha hello timmy. thought you were in prison?

On 11 Nov 2004 at 7:41pm More Tea Vicar? wrote:
Newhaven for the continent...
Eastbourne for the incontinent...
PhilX

On 11 Nov 2004 at 9:16pm T.Small Hater wrote:
You are an imposter because the real T.Small couldn't spell that well!
On 12 Nov 2004 at 5:10pm Uncle Sam wrote:
Depends what you're used to really, re. Landport that is. It isn't the best place to live in Lewes but then again who wants to live in a 'nice area' next to a bunch of jumped up posh twits who'll never speak to you anyway! I say pay it a visit but don't expect your dream home.
On 25 Nov 2004 at 7:39pm The Captain of Landport wrote:
Landport in my opinion is one of the safer estates to live on. On a recent visit to a friends house in Malling kids were throwing stones at passers by! BW have you ever lived in Landport?? The Rev, If you don't like litter in our streets, May be you should keep it in your mouth!!!

On 25 Nov 2004 at 9:28pm The Reverend wrote:
hahaha landport the safest estate??!?!?! are you speaking from when it used to be fields?

On 25 Nov 2004 at 10:36pm Mr Landport wrote:
Well said Captain! the reverend speaks out of his backside, why dont you climb back in you hole and shut up. try visiting the place I expect you have never been to. I am a private home owner (not council)and have a very nice house and large garden and a nearly new car, I have a well paid job and do not sponge a penny of the goverment,(unlike a lot of people here I expect) and have lived on the estate all my life. GET A LIFE YOU DIMWIT
On 26 Nov 2004 at 12:18am The Captain of Landport wrote:
No I'm speaking from experience.....

On 26 Nov 2004 at 12:24am The Captain of Landport wrote:
Mr Landport I couldn't agree with you more! Landport does take a lot of stick, but is no different from any other estate in Lewes.

On 26 Nov 2004 at 9:34am Ivan Insuranceclaim wrote:
Landport residents have computers I see. Which poor souls from Neville & Malling have been burgled then?

On 26 Nov 2004 at 4:50pm The Reverend wrote:
hahaha
On 27 Nov 2004 at 9:59am Mr landport wrote:
I see you had a very poor response to my last comment! are you starting to see what a prat you really are. you are no different from the croud at the England game last week chanting at the black players! Did you enjoy that? And no, I am not black. discriminating people by the area in which they live is just as low as that. I bet you wouldn't speak out publically obout you views. Where do you live then saddo?

On 12 Apr 2006 at 1:48am Lemat wrote:
I can't be bothered with anything these days, but such is life. I don't care. So it goes. More or less nothing seems worth thinking about. I've just been hanging out waiting for something to happen, but that's how it is. 2.0 http://www2-0.gmail.com/ 2.1 http://www2-1.gmail.com/ 2.2 http://www2-2.gmail.com/
On 12 Apr 2006 at 1:48am Mark wrote:
Hi i really like your site, i place a link on my web-site, continue like that.

On 30 Aug 2016 at 9:30pm Dawn wrote:
I would like to live on the lamport Estate I'm actually looking for a home swap I have a one bedroom ground floor flat with communal gardens but I'm looking for the same with a ground floor with my own garden I like loose very much and finding Brighton a little bit too busy for me now 07519 525404

2 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Beer garden 9:132
Beer garden

One could say "alternative facts".....climate change is a hoax, i know so because the fossil fuel industry told me.

You just... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa