Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Landport estate

On 9 Sep 2016 at 12:42pm Speedy4784 wrote:
I live down on landport road we have kids from all over the estate coming down our end to set fire to hedges smash glass bottles in the park do drug deals spitting all over the cars and scratching them and yet the authorities wont do anything to stop it
On 9 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm Stansfield Stan wrote:
Are you sure it's not the Nevill mob masquerading as Landporters, trying to give us a bad name ?
On 9 Sep 2016 at 1:37pm Speedy4784 wrote:
No we know these kids well they definitely live on the estate and climbing all over the youth club setting fire to the bins and trashing the garages
On 9 Sep 2016 at 1:51pm lewes man wrote:
well if the kids are doing drug and setting the hedges a light
phone 999 do not leave it
On 9 Sep 2016 at 2:09pm Choices wrote:
It makes me laugh when the authorities won't address these sort of issues.
Presumably you called them while "it was taking place" and they refused anyway (very bad when they refuse to attend a crime in progress).
1. Danger to person or property call 999
2. Anti social behaviour call 101
3. Noise call the council
If you know where the culprits live, pass the information on to the police. If they refuse to attend, keep records of the refusals and go to the IPCC.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 2:30pm Speedy4784 wrote:
We do dial 999 but the police never turn up it makes me sick
On 9 Sep 2016 at 2:39pm Candid Camera wrote:
Take pictures and forward copies to the local newspapers. Maybe the parents will be ashamed when their offspring have disgraced them.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 2:48pm Patriarch wrote:
And their fathers accept this behaviour? Or are they not around? Controlling children should not be a job for the Police in a functioning society. Degeneracy.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 3:02pm Speedy4784 wrote:
Oh their parents know and couldnt give two hoots about it i don't know if its just me but it seems like the youth of today is beyond a joke more needs to be done by the local authorities
On 9 Sep 2016 at 3:11pm Estate Man wrote:
What age group are we talking about ? Young boys 10, 11 or near adults 15,16 ? Have you confronted them or are you merely an observer ?
On 9 Sep 2016 at 3:17pm Speedy4784 wrote:
Yes i have approached them as i got sick off calling the police and them not doing a damm thing i told them to f off to their end off the estate as people along here are getting sick off their behavior
On 9 Sep 2016 at 3:18pm lewes wrote:
if you phone 999 and say that drug are changing hands and there are young boys and girls around may help
On 9 Sep 2016 at 3:20pm Speedy4784 wrote:
We did on numerous occasions so i have now taken it to our mp she is annoyed with the fact the police aint doing anything about it
On 9 Sep 2016 at 4:21pm Shaw Taylor wrote:
Some kids threw a stone at our window & broke it (I heard them running away) I contacted the community police and reported it in case it had happened to anyone else. They sent a policeman round that evening who spoke to our neighbours. Nothing much to be done as we didn't see anyone, but impressed that they made the effort to call round. Have you tried calling them.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 4:26pm Speedy4784 wrote:
Yes have called them and so have many people down this end
On 9 Sep 2016 at 4:48pm Shaw Taylor wrote:
Maybe I was 'lucky' and it was a quiet night elsewhere in town. Might be an idea if you find out what school they go to.
Tricky one.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 4:58pm annoyed wrote:
The police couldn't care less about illegal drugs treating them as if they weren't illegal - one only has to wander around brighton to see people smoking the stuff in broad daylight to see that in this country many drugs have been defacto decriminalised.
Another point is we no longer see actual policeman on foot or bicycle patrolling the streets which is a proven deterrent to these sorts of crimes instead they waft around in obnoxious cars and only attend crimes once they've been committed which is not the main point of a visible police force.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 5:25pm Choices wrote:
I don't think lewes actually has officers anymore, every time I've had dealings with them they come from other locations. Drugs that a different argument, I don't blame the police for not wanting to police cannabis, it should be taxed not policed. Criminal damage though should be a high priority, tax payers money pays their wages, tax payers money has to pay for the damaged caused, if the police can't even attend a crime in progress what is the point of them!
On 9 Sep 2016 at 5:37pm annoyed wrote:
No choices it can result in awful life long mental illness for people which ruins not only their life but their families too. It is illegal for a reason and the only ones who stand to gain from it being legalised are big pharmaceutical corporations ready to get rich off peoples illness and addiction.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 5:42pm A Person wrote:
As opposed to the drug dealers, as it is at present? Prohibition isn't working, and has never worked historically. At least if it's legalised it can be taxed and the doses controlled.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 8:41pm trooper wrote:
I see the reference to the word Police, please what is a policeman ??? there used to be a species at one time but they appear to be extinct now.. I did see someone calling herself a PCC whatever that is.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 9:19pm Speedy4784 wrote:
The kids are down the park tonight drinking and trashing the joint society has gone to hell and most are underage
On 9 Sep 2016 at 9:58pm Villi wrote:
Never thought this would happen in Lewes, I only experience it as an amazing place to live. Must be another world at Landport, we live on Rotten Row!
On 9 Sep 2016 at 10:00pm lewes man wrote:
On 9 Sep 2016 at 10:43pm Speedy4784 wrote:
Like i said before we have called them many times and they never show up and the kids know this so use it to their advantage i couldnt even walk the dog down there tonight
On 10 Sep 2016 at 12:07am Woody wrote:
History repeating itself - could be the off-spring of the generation I knew in Lewes. Drugs were an epidemic here at one time.
I know things improved; really hope it's not happening again.
On 10 Sep 2016 at 12:26am Speedy4784 wrote:
Well its almost half 12 and they still there making a awful racket and beating the hell out off the metal hut
On 10 Sep 2016 at 12:50am Advice wrote:

Call 999. Tell them that there is smashing and fighting sounds coming from the area. The police will be there in no time.
On 10 Sep 2016 at 1:52am Lewes man wrote:
Sorry to keep saying it you must phone 999 it's that bad good luck
On 10 Sep 2016 at 1:57am Speedy4784 wrote:
We did and nothing at any one time there is only two police officers working out off lewes per shift and it was a local pc who told us that government cut backs have ruined the country and all they care about is the rich and people like us are left to suffer
On 10 Sep 2016 at 7:38am @annoyed wrote:
Check your facts annoyed, the reason cannabis is illegal is because Egypt perceived hemp to be a threat to the cotton industry, take your choice they will smoke weed or drink alcohol, what do you prefer? Maybe if they taxed cannabis there would be the money for adequate policing. Also with regards mental health you're again talking rubbish, you have to have an existing mental illness, cannabis doesn't cause them and what do you honk alcohol does for mental illnesses, let's ban that too eh? - seriously you're a moron.
On 10 Sep 2016 at 9:34am @ above wrote:
Funny you can always tell someone who takes cannabis i.e you as they are clearly a thicko who believes in conspiracy theories and can't see beyond their own pathetic selfishness. Grow up and read some research.
On 10 Sep 2016 at 9:39am @@above wrote:
I'm actually a productive member of society and manage a very successful company with over 600 employees, I'm just an adult that is capable of seeing past the BS in fed by politicians. The facts are people smoke it, the police don't want to police it and it makes you less mindless than alcohol does. Read the thread above, the police don't give a toss, tax cannabis and invest in policing. Grow up!
On 10 Sep 2016 at 12:29pm Resilewes wrote:
Its staggering how some people are still buying into the propaganda about cannabis and think prohibition is somehow the correct course of action. There is absolutely no conclusive evidence that it gravely impacts users mental health, and yet there is study after study confirming the mental health risks of even moderate alcohol consumption. Nearly ALL studies that show some kind of tenuous link between cannabis use and impact on the brain and psychiatric disorders, the users are universally alcohol consumers.

Speaking as a moderate cannabis user (via vapourising the plant, so again, healthier than smoking it) who occasionally vapes during the evening, I have effectively given up drinking alcohol. As a result, I don't feel lethargic, parched or hungover in the mornings. I save heaps of money that would have been spent on alcohol, and the tax man is getting very little of this (which they could be if it were legalised). On the bright side, my health has improved, i've lost weight and I'm statistically far less likely to be admitted to A&E or suffer other illnesses which alcohol is linked to, including cancer - thus saving the NHS money in the long term. In fact, cannabis is proven to be enormously beneficial to human health in many areas, including in reducing cancer cell growth, an area of research many governments, including the US government, are now exploring its medicinal properties. I'm not calling for a ban on the physically addictive, anti-social behaviour promoting and harmful alcohol, I'm calling for the decriminalisation on one of the most benign and least addictive substances available. Its frankly insane how in 2016 some peoples heads are still exploding at the prospect of a multipurpose plant, with so many positive applications, thats helped humans for millennia being cultivated and sold legally alongside tobacco and alcohol, as if there was absolutely no hypocrisy with this mindset.
On 10 Sep 2016 at 4:15pm Mushroom farmer wrote:
Sod the cannabis , the mushrooms will soon be rising.
On 10 Sep 2016 at 8:34pm meic wrote:
How many DIstrict and County Councillors live in Landport, compared to, say, Southover?
On 10 Sep 2016 at 9:18pm Speedy4784 wrote:
Probably none the way this estate is treated is a joke nothing but a post code lottery now
On 10 Sep 2016 at 10:01pm Old bike wrote:
.......,,,,,,,""""""-----?????!!!!!!......,,,,,,
There, I think that should bring the punctuation count up to just below average on this thread.
On 11 Sep 2016 at 9:35am Mark wrote:
I wouldn't want to get involved in an alcohol vs cannabis debate but it is very well established that chronic use of cannabis can cause drug-induced psychosis. Check it out on Google steering clear of the "We all love weed" sites.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

The Lewes Penny 129:143
The Lewes Penny

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine