Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Landport druggies

On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:08pm Scoobydoo wrote:
Does anyone know what has happened with regard to the drug users in landport have theiron places been searched at all ?
On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:09pm Copy&Paste wrote:
As far as we know, Pedro is still on the loose. Unless he's got internet access in his cell.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:24pm Responsible parent wrote:
Come on enough is enough don't get that moron pedro started again.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:47pm Old bike wrote:
Which ones? Do you mean the son of the taxi driver or the young blonde kid with red trainers?
On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:52pm @Old bike wrote:
Like there's only two...
There's several thousand, the majority of my immediate neighbours have all got pissed and rowdy on at least one occasions, including several police visits.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:53pm Old bike wrote:
I was referring to the two dealers in my street.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 4:58pm Scoobydoo wrote:
The ones that classed themselves homeless and beg in the town when they have a roof over their heads
On 5 Oct 2016 at 5:03pm Old bike wrote:
Oh, you mean the absolutely desperate heroin addicts, who are clearly not having a great time of it.
I meant the mouthy, cocksure, work-shy dealers. The real blight of the neighbourhood.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 6:19pm @oldbike wrote:
The OP is talking about users not dealers, if you have 2 dealers in your street though (and presumably each of those dealers supports several users) it should give some sense of the scale of the problems. About time we changed our attitudes towards it no?
On 5 Oct 2016 at 6:39pm Old Bike wrote:
The OP was taking a pot-shot at a very easy target. Is it to be expected that the police are going to be interested in searching the homes of these desperate people? Of course not, it was just a cheap shot at the weak.
However if they were to look a little further down the road then that might prove more fruitful,
On 5 Oct 2016 at 8:45pm Biggles is back wrote:
chill out they will all be dead soon enough.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 9:04pm Scoobydoo wrote:
If you think that that is a cheap shot then feel free too!!! you ask most on landport there opinions of them they beg in town cause they spend their benefit money on drugs and then expect others to pay for their food . They have been caught stealing loads of things from people property including animals and that's okay cause they take drugs is it ??
On 5 Oct 2016 at 9:30pm woodlander wrote:
Drug users are selfish and never take responsiblity for their own actions, doesn't matter the harm they cause to others as long as they get what they are after, just look at that prat pedros abysmal behaviour and views.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 10:53pm Skinny wrote:
Pedro is talking about non addictive cannabis use not heroin addiction duh!
On 6 Oct 2016 at 8:47am Copy&Paste wrote:
Cannabis is addictive.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:10am Pedro wrote:
@ Copy&Paste - Cannabis can be mildly addictive, in the same way as coffee can. Cannabis and caffeine would be better comparisons of their levels of addiction and danger to the user. I personally find Netflix boxsets more addictive than cannabis and sure many others do as well.

Meanwhile, alcohol is more addictive than both, and much more physically damaging and difficult as a habit to kick. Tobacco is only less addictive than crack and heroin. People are demonising the wrong substances (if they feel such an urge to demonise anything at all).
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:16am Office worker wrote:
Do you have a job pedro?
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:23am Pedro wrote:
@ Office Worker - yes I do. But not as a drug dealer
On 6 Oct 2016 at 11:10am Scoobydoo wrote:
All drugs are addictive as well as smoking and alcohol !! So what your saying is its okay to have these type of people around our children taking money from children too as well as adults and for them to sit outside shops begging and playing crappy music a 10 year old can do its fine cause they have an addiction ?? These people should be monitored by social services mental health teams and police but sadly due to the government they are allowed to get away with it !!
On 6 Oct 2016 at 12:54pm Old. Bike wrote:
Post of the week. If only we had someone as intelligent as you in charge, then all of these problems would be easily solved.
Just for the benefit of those who haven't given it the depth of thought that you clearly have, could you just outline your solution to the problems that you have mentioned?
On 6 Oct 2016 at 1:18pm Robbie wrote:
Actually the point was already made very well by ACT and another B&B lady on the second thread.
Shame the "you're wrong, I'm not listening to anything you say" mob aren't prepared to discuss this like adults.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 1:48pm Broke lads wrote:
Anyone know why they go in the bookies in Cliffe most mornings?
On 6 Oct 2016 at 2:09pm Scoobydoo wrote:
So with the comments I get bk I must be the only one who thinks there's a problem with them doing what they do .. I've seen them take money of kids I've seen them taking and walking away with cats and dogs and yet they still get sympathy for others that think it's okay to do it maybe if they did something you didn't like your attitude maybe slightly different their are addicts who only do drugs as and when they feel but these idiots who are desperate to get their drugs no matter what they take in the process need to be placed in a unit away from children and society they walk round town or run as they are on a high sit in town pleading for help just to feed their sick habits

On 6 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm Old Bike wrote:
Pesky kids.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Well Scooby Doo: " These people should be monitored by social services mental health teams and police but sadly due to the government they are allowed to get away with it !!"
This just shows how little you know about things, tbh. Drug use or addiction is only issue when it involves parents, because of potential risk to their children. Adult Social Care can barely meet the needs of the critically ill and disabled, they don't have the resources to take on addiction as well.
Mental health teams won't work with addicts or alcoholics, because their addiction makes diagnosis and treatment virtually impossible. This is particularly troubling, as many addicts become addicted because they are self-medicating because of mental health issues.
While there is some mental health support in alcohol/substance misuse services, it is limited and can only deal with a very small number of service users.
In an ideal world, all these services would be much better funded, but people voted for more austerity, so there's little likelihood of that happening any time soon.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 8:05pm Villager wrote:
I can see why house prices are relatively reasonable on Landport. Glad I don't live there.
On 6 Oct 2016 at 9:28pm Oldbutintouch wrote:
Has the rather ugly fat girl dealer on her mountain bike been replaced by hyperactive loppy lad on small BMX? I haven't seen her for a while. I hope that she is resting at Her Majesty's pleasure.

10 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Thomas Paine woz ere 134:143
Thomas Paine woz ere

Once more onto the beach dear fiends.... Nev, I'm not trying to impress or confuse, just saying what I believe, and what I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams