Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Landport Bottom Bonfire Site

On 11 Nov 2016 at 5:32pm Downs Walker wrote:
Bit disappointed that the remains of the fireworks from the 5th are still strewn over the ground at the fire site. The Nevill did a fantastic cleaning up job after their night, the next day all cleared. & before anyone comments I am nothing to do with Nevill Juniors, just appreciate their efforts.
On 11 Nov 2016 at 6:49pm Local wrote:
I think Borough usually use the following weekend to finish clearing up. if you're not happy, contact the council and they should check it before returning the deposit.
On 11 Nov 2016 at 7:31pm Sparky wrote:
Don't panic Downs Walker, they will be up there all this weekend to finish the job
On 11 Nov 2016 at 8:17pm Downs Walker wrote:
Thanks for your responses, it's good to hear they are on the case.

On 13 Nov 2016 at 2:05pm andy wrote:
Don't worry it will be all cleared up today as we have to return the key tomorrow
On 13 Nov 2016 at 10:49pm Triton wrote:
Well done to the bonfire people, I've been up there this afternoon and it looks lovely and clean and tidy, all the litter has gone, apart from the odd burn patch, which I suppose can't be helped, I think they can be forgiven after the great show they put on last weekend, I'm sure nature will sort the burn patches out in time
On 14 Nov 2016 at 9:40am The Greek wrote:
Yes they use both weekends to tidy up before the Council deadline.
On 14 Nov 2016 at 11:00pm And thats a fact wrote:
Landport bottom is spotless, the Borough used man & woman power, a large magnet and an industrial hoover to return the ground to a clean and safe condition, Downs walker if you are so keen eyed how come you missed all the nails that Nevill left on the fire circle and the plastic aerial housings that had dropped all over the adjacent field? you must be short sighted And thats a Fact

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station Sunset 81:132
Lewes Station Sunset

That's going to blight a lot of people's view across the Ouse. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs