Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Landport Bottom

On 31 Oct 2016 at 10:28pm Local Dog-walker wrote:
I see there are Planning Notices up near the top of Motor Road, where residents want to move the bridleway away from their properties.
I find this extraordinary and unacceptable. I'm not overly keen in the footpath that's right outside my house, but I accept that it was there before I was and that I knew about it when I moved in. Why someone thinks it's OK to aspire to creating a private estate without dreadful commoners being allowed to walk or ride nearby is beyond me.
The last thing the Downs need is an all-weather path - countryside users like to walk on natural ground, and like to enjoy views to the West that will be lost if this selfish application is allowed to prevail.
Please make your feelings known to Chloe.Rowling@eastsussex.gov.uk thanks
On 31 Oct 2016 at 11:44pm GirlAboutTahn wrote:
Ridiculous. I'll get penning an email tomorrow. As bad as people who move next to live music venues and then get them shut down. Thanks for flagging, I walk there most mornings but missed the signs (too busy trying to keep the dog from eating sheep poo)

On 1 Nov 2016 at 2:02pm Pete wrote:
Well posted. Am right on it now. Presumably a result of DFLs, or maybe just country bores who see the place as their own.
On 1 Nov 2016 at 2:57pm Angel wrote:
See this
hxxp://restorethebridleway.info

On 1 Nov 2016 at 7:46pm Local Dog-walker wrote:
That's a different path, Angel. Possibly the same people involved though.
On 2 Nov 2016 at 12:00pm Massive Rambler wrote:
Can someone please point me towards more information about this online? I want to know exactly what we're discussing before firing emails off to Chloe Rowling.

On 2 Nov 2016 at 5:21pm Zulu wrote:
Best to email Chloe and request details. It's hard to find the application on-line - which deepens my suspicions about it! Her phone number is 01273 335 229.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 113:143
Skate Park

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa