Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

"Lady" selling antiques in the Cliffe

On 7 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm Funandfrollicks wrote:
Was having a leisurely coffee in the Cliffe late last week, and witnessed the most awful behaviour from the lady selling junk next to the real eating company. She shouted at a little girl for touching some cheap looking jewellery. I've never witnessed such horribleness from a complete stranger and to a child.....bringing her to tears ...!
On 7 Aug 2017 at 5:09pm David wrote:
Sounds like the same woman who upset my 9 year old with very similar behaviour a few months back. She didn't respond well to being called out about it either. If she doesn't like people she shouldn't run a shop.
On 7 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm Deja Vu wrote:
Yeah she's well known for being completely mental, she also doesn't like it if you go in the shop and don't buy anything (and good luck asking questions).
On 7 Aug 2017 at 6:28pm Amon wildes wrote:
And the parking wardens are frightened of her and never, ever give her a ticket. She parks with a disabled sticker, usually in Morris Road, but often leaves her enormous car opposite the shop......
On 7 Aug 2017 at 6:53pm Sensible wrote:
Should not the naughty child have been better behaved? I would slap my children's hands if they touched items in a shop, and my family has grown up into responsible adulthood.
On 7 Aug 2017 at 8:04pm Thug's Mum ? wrote:
Well is she ?
On 7 Aug 2017 at 8:20pm Deja Vu wrote:
@sensible, clearly you're an arse, forming an opinion without knowing what you're talking about.
Here's a few thoughts for you:
1. She shouts at adults for asking about the items
2. She shouts at adults for wasting her time if they don't buy items
3. Slapping children is assault
4. Physical violence is an absurd response for touching an item in a shop (are you mental or just abused as a child)
5. What are you going to do when you're child is fully grown and hates you?
On 7 Aug 2017 at 9:29pm @ deja vu wrote:
Oh i do love a do-gooder. Bet you complain about everything because you're offended.
On 7 Aug 2017 at 9:35pm Abbie wrote:
She really is a deeply unpleasant woman. Whilst I wouldn't normally condone people slating the proprietors of shops generally on this forum , she has to be one of the most dreadful women I have ever encountered and a huge embarassment to Lewes. She pops up on this forum quite regularly and perhaps someone should send her a hard copy of some of those remarks so she could learn how people feel about her. I'm not sure it would make much difference though. I would be interested to know why she is so obstreperous ???
On 7 Aug 2017 at 9:37pm Deja Vu wrote:
I'm not offended the woman is mental. I am slightly concerned by the need to slap a child for touching though.
On 7 Aug 2017 at 10:06pm Dfl wrote:
A light slap on the hands is not assault - get a grip ffs
On 7 Aug 2017 at 10:10pm naughty wrote:
Who said the child was being naughty?!?!
On 7 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm Local wrote:
Is she Southover Queen then?
On 8 Aug 2017 at 9:15am Deja Vu wrote:
@Dfl, you're totally missing the point, a "slap" was mentioned, not a "light slap".
But you're teaching the child it's ok to use physical violence for "touching"...
What happens when that child slaps another child for touching their pencils at school, are you going to slap them again to teach them slapping is not ok?
On 8 Aug 2017 at 9:43am Gregory wrote:
I have never in my life come across such a rude lady running a shop dealing with customers. To be honest she is now encroaching on the pavement and it is difficult to negotiate a route past if there is traffic, I hat to think what she would do if you accidently knocked some tat off one of her precariously positioned tables. I once offered her a pound for something off her everything is a pound table to which she replied it it had been a pound she would not have a business!!
On 8 Aug 2017 at 10:03am Lou of Lewes wrote:
This is turning into a witch hunt. How very Lewes.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 10:46am Cifford wrote:
Lou, Yes someone is going to call her a 'hard Brexiter' in a minute.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 10:55am @Lou wrote:
Go to the shop, you will join in once you've experienced her attitude for yourself.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 11:31am Lou of Lewes wrote:
@Lou
Join in? Sorry, but I'm too much of an individual to join forces with small minded town folk who gain pleasure from berating one of their community, no matter what their 'crime'. In this case, seemingly being eccentric.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 12:43pm Gregory wrote:
Oh so that is great, rudeness now is to be renamed eccentricity! I wonder how you would feel if a teenager was eccentric!
On 8 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm Lewes needs wrote:
The Crown and the lady - brings it down to earth. And the "thug" at the market. Long live the Working Class and eccentricity. Keep the red flag flying over Lewes. It's just another place I'll avoid.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 2:19pm Annie wrote:
Lou you are absolutely right and I stand corrected. This shouldn't be a witch hunt I was just still smarting from her rude behaviour towards me. This isn't the place and clearly she has issues that she isn't aware of and needs help with. I should be more compassionate. Thank you for reminding me of that.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 2:21pm Abbie wrote:
That should be Abbie rather than Annie. Slip of the thumb.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 2:53pm @Abbie wrote:
You got it right the first time, the comments on this thread are not proportionate to how she behaves (compared to how she behaves the comments are very measured).
Someone who has been abused by her has no need to apologise for sharing the experience.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 3:01pm Lou of Lewes wrote:
So anyone feeling aggrieved by someone here in the local community should come on this forum and name and shame? Who the heck is moderating all of this? It's bad form to post photographs of people without their permission, and yet that's what's allowed to happen here. And anyone who has beef with someone else can go behind their backs and publicly declare what a horrible person they think they are to all and sundry. This forum can really stink sometimes.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 3:15pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The lady is in bad health, and probably deserves her blue badge. However, she does take the mickey by leaving her car in Cliffe all day. She also dumps it in the middle of the two disabled spaces in Morris Road- thus depriving another disabled driver of a parking space.
The "traffic wardens" have been told to stop ticketing her as she has had so many successful appeals.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 3:26pm @Lou of Lewes wrote:
Go have a chat with her and tell her about this thread, see what happens to you (but don't come crying here as you've been warned).
On 8 Aug 2017 at 3:43pm Lou of Lewes wrote:
I imagine she wouldn't give a flying fig about what you lot are saying about her.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 3:56pm Bad form wrote:
I don't doubt the lady deserves the badge, and I can say from experience that Arthritis can make one downright grumpy, but a job facing the public is not the best occupation, and one I have avoided. There isn't much work available for us Raspberry Ripples, Luckily I have 12 hours spread over a week so I can lounge around @ home
On 8 Aug 2017 at 5:14pm @dfl wrote:
dfl: you are so wrong. An assault does not even need to involve contact, The threat is enough. This from the Crown Prosecution Service web site:
An assault is committed when a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force.
On 8 Aug 2017 at 11:44pm Belladonna wrote:
The OP said 'shouted' not 'slapped' the child. Amazing how that's got mixed up. Anyway, she's well known for being rude to customers - I enquiried about some earrings in her shop once and was told they were too expensive for me! Haven't been back.
On 9 Aug 2017 at 7:48am UFB wrote:
Don't like witch hunts but will make an exception for her. I remember her from her shop in the north laine in the 90s. Horrible, horrible woman.
On 9 Aug 2017 at 9:32am local news wrote:
Is this related?

Check it out here »
On 9 Aug 2017 at 11:20am Bert wrote:
It certainly is !!
On 9 Aug 2017 at 1:48pm Crazy Pavey wrote:
Good name for her Or Pat the pratt
On 9 Aug 2017 at 9:20pm pavement plodder wrote:
Banned from parking there for 2 years?! I wonder if she'll stick to it?
On 10 Aug 2017 at 7:15am Parker wrote:
Parked on the paveyment outside the Gardeners late Monday afternoon.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Station Lewes 110:132
Station Lewes

This morning some runners from Lewes (hardy souls given the downpours) were passing along the lanes in East Chiltington when they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare