Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Laccophilus poecilus

On 23 Oct 2008 at 5:55pm CROSS wrote:
Can any one tell me if this is still alive and kicking? As Lewes was the only place in the country that it breeds.

On 23 Oct 2008 at 7:02pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Not too sure about that CROSS. However, there are a few people that desperately need chucking in the Pells Lake, if that happens I'll be sure to ask them if they spotted any.
PhilX

On 23 Oct 2008 at 7:04pm Hot Fuzz wrote:
Are you pretending to be clever?

On 23 Oct 2008 at 7:14pm Chav wrote:
Ahh thats one of them funny black and yella beetles, looks a bit like a demon ladybird aint it? I don't think you will find it near the charkie cos This beetle is found in lowland fen and coastal grazing marsh, but does not favour brackish water. It is associated with the well-vegetated margins of ditches and lakes, often with common water starwort and mare's-tail flanked by floating sweet grass

On 23 Oct 2008 at 8:33pm Weasel Warrior wrote:
Chav you can wiki - you are not the dolt you purport - a dark horse indeed - as for the Sussex diver, well in 2006 the RSPB were supposed to start building ponds in the Westham area to maintain localised areas of decent quality water in order to halt the alarming decline of this beetle - isolated specimins have also been found in Yorkshire in recent years too - but what of the poor Lucanus cervus?

On 24 Oct 2008 at 10:32am Eyewitness wrote:
Lucan was last seen on the Newhaven to Dieppe ferry

On 24 Oct 2008 at 2:03pm CROSS wrote:
Listen peach fuzz, pretending to be clever is just one of the things I dont have to do. If I have a concern for the wild life in the area that I live please respect that. On the other hand if by some slim chance, I forget how to put my pants on, I will ask you as I am sure that this will not tax you intellect.

On 24 Oct 2008 at 9:39pm Hot Fuzz wrote:
Cross, you need to get back to school and study grammar, rather than local wildlife. By the way, I didn't think you wore pants.

On 25 Oct 2008 at 9:54am The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Don't listen to him Cross. Atleast now you're not typing everything in CAPITALS, and using the ocassional full stop. Well done.

On 26 Oct 2008 at 10:47am CROSS wrote:
Bum fuzz you are so funny! And yes I do wear pants nice ones, and I have a box of Huggies pull ups for you when yours are full again . When I do make spelling mistakes it is because I have dyslexia, but this has not stopped me getting a level 5 and 6 qualification. Now moving on to a degree, one last thing did you pass your level 2?

On 26 Oct 2008 at 11:32am Retired Teacher (Thankfully) wrote:
Living proof that the education system is at an all time low.

On 26 Oct 2008 at 1:31pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Is perfuct puctuation and spelling an indication of higher intelligence then?
Passing level 2? Passing number 2's more like.
PhilX (olde schoole)

On 26 Oct 2008 at 2:14pm CROSS wrote:
I take it that you were paid for being a so called teacher and now receiving a pension. (All under false pretences) it would seem. I wonder if you ever used Blooms taxonomy for your learners, no of course not chalk and talk for you, mark and fart, you dinosaur. The education system is better off with out your kind now give the pension back.

On 26 Oct 2008 at 8:08pm Amazed wrote:
Only took you six months to learn where the 'Caps Lock' key is.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

There is not so much of a housing shortage; more a case of not enough households for preferred lifestyles. In the past, single... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy