Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Labour moving towards a second referendum.

On 23 Aug 2018 at 11:49am It's about time too. wrote:
Labour has cleared the way for backing a potential new referendum on Brexit if parliament rejects the deal Theresa May agrees with Brussels.
Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said that if the Commons votes down the deal the prime minister agrees, then it would be up to MPs to decide what happens next and “all options” would be on the table.
He rejected the idea that if Ms May fails to secure a deal or if parliament rejects the one she agrees then it would be an automatic no-deal Brexit.

Check it out here »
On 23 Aug 2018 at 12:12pm Here we go again. wrote:
Please leave this forum alone.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 12:28pm Moggmentum wrote:
Video: Jacob Rees-Mogg suggests holding a second referendum on Brexit
He argued 'it might make more sense to have the second referendum after the renegotiation is completed' during an address to the Commons during a debate on the National Referendum on the European Union held on October 24th, 2011.

Check it out here »
On 23 Aug 2018 at 12:30pm No more wrote:
Thank you
On 23 Aug 2018 at 12:36pm Farage's Garage wrote:
Pro-EU campaigners back former Ukip leader’s suggestion of second referendum to ‘kill off’ issue for a generation

Check it out here »
On 23 Aug 2018 at 12:38pm We won't be silenced. wrote:
We won't be silenced by the pound shop fascists and the nationalist authoritarians.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 1:27pm Ex Pat wrote:
Ho Ho ho
On 23 Aug 2018 at 1:50pm We won't be silenced. wrote:
"If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy".
(David Davis)
On 23 Aug 2018 at 2:15pm Buttternut Squash wrote:
In any ‘normal’ world the Brexit referendum would have been annulled for corruption, Trump would have been impeached for corruption, and Banks and Farage would have been arrested for corruption. Why is corruption now the new norm?
On 23 Aug 2018 at 4:10pm Nevillman wrote:
Let's hope for a second referendum and a sensible result. I really don't want to be poor.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 4:25pm stan streason wrote:
Best of three? Unless Brexit wins the next one, then better make it best of five.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 5:05pm Dr D wrote:
The Brexit Beleavers are terrified of another vote because they know how badly they would lose.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm Dr Who wrote:
I've just returned from the future and I'm LOL
On 23 Aug 2018 at 7:47pm Face it wrote:
There won’t be a second referendum.
Sunk in yet?
On 23 Aug 2018 at 8:09pm Face it wrote:
The foreigners are leaving in droves.This is only the beginning of the changes we need #MakeBritainGreatAgain. There won’t be a second referendum,now it's OUR turn.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 8:23pm French Doctor wrote:
#Face it .As a French doctor working for 22 years in the NHS, looking after your UK patients and paying all my taxes, I decided to go back to France the day when after being pushed in the tube instead of “sorry” I was told: “Go back to f-ing Poland!” Yes,the foreigners are leaving in droves.Au revoir I was very happy here, but no more.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 8:31pm English Patient wrote:
@French Doctor
I suspect they weren’t all UK patients though. Probably a large number of freeloading patients from the EU draining our NHS
On 23 Aug 2018 at 11:02pm 123 wrote:
@ French Doctor: Thank you for the 22 years of service you have given to this country.
From my recent stay in hospital it was plain to see that the NHS really relies on non UK nurses, doctors and consultants. I am very sorry you have experienced such rudeness here recently. The whole Brexit saga seems to be bringing out the worst in some people, but most of us really appreciate your contribution.
On 23 Aug 2018 at 11:30pm English Patient wrote:
#French Doctor .Hop off you frog
On 24 Aug 2018 at 11:14pm Caburn wrote:
Apart from the Brexit disaster that will befall this entire benighted country, the sweet irony is that those from deprived areas who voted Leave will suffer most. Just wait for the howls of anguish when the massive EU infrastructure and social grants dry up. And the stupid farmers (most of whom also fell for all the rightwing lies) now realise that their gravy-train is about to hit the buffers. Too late to complain now suckers. The only hope is that the inept, lying Tories will be cast into the political wilderness for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile, now the facts are in, the only righteous outcome to this mendacious shambles is that the people should make the final choice of their nation's destiny...

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts window 27:142
Closet and Botts window

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy