Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

La Vie en Rose.BBC I Player.

On 16 Feb 2011 at 4:45pm Film Buff. wrote:
La Vie en Rose.

Oscar-winning biopic of French singer Edith Piaf, with Marion Cotillard and Gerard Depardieu. Piaf escaped life in a Normandy brothel to become one of France's biggest stars. (R)
Award-winning biopic of French chanteuse and diva Edith Piaf, whose tumultuous life started in abject poverty on the streets of Paris and ended amongst the trials and tragedy of stardom.
I watched this a year or so ago and it is superb.
I wasn't much interested in Edif Piaf until I watched this...
BBC I Player,right hand side of home page,find films.
Available 'til 20th February.

On 16 Feb 2011 at 4:52pm Penguin wrote:
Isn't it the new shop that Flowergirl is opening ?

On 16 Feb 2011 at 8:32pm jrsussex wrote:
Film Buff - The fild is superb, I have long been a fan of Piaf. If you liked the film you should read the book. Apologies as I cannot remember the title but the story of her life is almost unbelievable. From the gutter to the highest levels of society, unfortunately ending up back in the gutter.

On 16 Feb 2011 at 11:40pm Film Buff. wrote:
Thanks for that JR.
I was away for a few days and missed it on BBC...i found it today and watched it again and was transfixed...
I shall find her book somehow....Please watch it !! You have 'til 1.00 Saturday morning.

On 17 Feb 2011 at 8:17am jrsussex wrote:
Just put Edith Piaf into your serch bar, that will take you to Wikipedia where you will find a list of the biographies written about her, unfortunately some are better than others and as said I cannot remember the title of the very good one I read.

On 17 Feb 2011 at 2:05pm Clifford wrote:
Thanks for putting this on Film Buff - I would have missed it otherwise. What a superb film.

On 17 Feb 2011 at 9:32pm Film Buff. wrote:
Glad you liked it Clifford.
I have been looking for this film online ever since I first saw it with no luck at all.
I have watched it again tonight...
It really is a very special film isn't it....

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Kingston Windmill 51:132
Kingston Windmill

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone