Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Kings church

On 31 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm Astrid wrote:
It is sad that the likes of fair meadow pick out bits about the church that suit his today's line of thinking, but how ever much you wish to twist other people's words against them the truth is still out there to discover.
On 31 Jul 2017 at 1:19pm raff wrote:
allow it my g
On 31 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm Confusy us wrote:
Wish someone would explain what this is about?
On 31 Jul 2017 at 3:48pm Rodney wrote:
Some people don't like Christians. They think ribbing them on internet forums is fun and makes them feel good. Tis a sport.
Christians are all nasty horrible people and should be mocked.
We've gone past all that God stuff now. We've got degrees and are enlightened. Didn't you know?
Unless you believe the same you're stupid and should be ridiculed.
On 31 Jul 2017 at 4:10pm Confusy us wrote:
OK, think I've got it now. I'm always looking for people to look down on but find they are usually busy looking down on me already. Its all very tiresome.
Isn't it time we had a new cult in Lewes?
On 31 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm Fed up wrote:
Why can't we all just get along? I don't personally believe but I think it is wrong to mock/bully people who do. Ignorance is not an excuse anymore.
On 31 Jul 2017 at 4:40pm King's Church wrote:
surely? only one King in Christian churches.
On 31 Jul 2017 at 4:54pm Earl of Lewesss wrote:
If people want to talk to their imaginary friend and it doesn't hurt anyone else, then what's the problem?
On 31 Jul 2017 at 6:33pm Ideas Man wrote:
I'd be interested in a Lewes chapel of that non-religious religion started by a couple of stand up comedians. There's a sect in Brighton. Apparently they just sing songs (good ones) and generally help each other out, with no god stuff.
Singing in a group is good for you, as is I believe, being nice to each other.

On 31 Jul 2017 at 8:21pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
I would be interested to know what the bloody hell all this is about? Is it a church or something more? Is it a secret badminton club??
On 31 Jul 2017 at 11:11pm Belladonna wrote:
@ideas man - or you could just join a choir. There's loads in lewes
On 31 Jul 2017 at 11:16pm Fairmeadow wrote:
King's church already has a community choir, Ideas Man. No theological test for joining, and it doesn't play any role in services. No badminton I'm afraid (the building is carpeted throughout) but there is a keep fit group, an art group, a cycling group and a large bouncy castle. King'sTots has 70-80 pre-schoolers and their parents/carers every Friday morning. The main hall holds 200+, so is used for meetings by the Sussex Archaeological Society and the Lewes History Group. Very popular venue for children's parties, as plenty of room for kids to run around. Even free parking in central Lewes.
On 1 Aug 2017 at 8:50am Atheist too wrote:
Religion only becomes a problem when an imaginary friend is used as an argument for treating particular groups like dirt.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell