Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Kings Head.

On 30 Aug 2018 at 9:30am Enry wrote:
Looks like its under new stewardship and opening soon. There are workmen in there now.
From the KH Facebook page:-
"The Kings Head will be reopening shortly and we would like to introduce ourselves. We are Revived Inns LTD, a local business.
We are looking for Chefs, Bar Staff, Waiters and Cleaners. If you would like to apply, please email office@revivedinns.co.uk or call Tom on 07795 007760.
We look forward to updating you soon with a opening date!"
On 30 Aug 2018 at 9:32am V111 wrote:
Good News
On 30 Aug 2018 at 10:39am bored wrote:
It's the same people/company that took on the Rainbow at cooksbridge by looks of their website. Also run the Royal Oak Newick. Not been there in years but seems to be doing well.

Rainbow was a tough ask to turn round so hopefully they have better luck here.
On 30 Aug 2018 at 11:00am Enry wrote:
I had a nice lunch in the Royal Oak a couple of years back. If it was run by RevivedInns then the future of the Head is looking up.
On 30 Aug 2018 at 3:18pm No Pot Pourri wrote:
Excellent news and I hope they are successful.
On 30 Aug 2018 at 7:38pm Amon Wildes wrote:
I agree pot pouri. Kings Head should/could be a nice neighbourhood pub. However, looking at the menus of their other two pubs, not sure what new things they have to offer in the way of pub grub. There is a lot of competition in Lewes and they will have to work hard to get people back who are now very happy with the Swan. The Snowdrop and Lewes Arms obviously canít get interesting chefs now. Their food has become very ordinary. I wish Kings Head luck but it will take a good team to get it up and running successfully again. Also not sure if Revived Inns failed to get The Rainbow to work and have now given up, or if they are about to reopen The Rainbow, Cooksbridge. The Fleurets for sale board still there. Anyone know which?
On 30 Aug 2018 at 8:05pm Kay wrote:
Revived inns are about to reopen the Rainbow. The last owners were only there about 6 months and then it shut pretty much overnight. Not sure why the for sale board is still there. I think it opens September sometime.
On 30 Aug 2018 at 11:06pm Amon Wildes wrote:
Thanks Kay. So they will be opening two pubs at the same time.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle from below 61:142
Lewes Castle from below

Tisn't free. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum