Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

King's Head

On 16 Aug 2018 at 6:41pm Thirsty of Southover wrote:
Any updates on the situation here? There are several 'notices of peaceful re-entry' signs on the window from the freeholder, whatever that signifies
On 16 Aug 2018 at 6:57pm Enry wrote:
Previous leaseholders defaulted on the rent, hence the long closure as a court order was needed to regain possession.
But the freeholder is the well known Enterprise Inns, destroyer of local pubs for short term profit , so I'm not holding my breath.
On 16 Aug 2018 at 11:05pm Another B and B lady wrote:
But thought the freehold is for sale? Looks like owners want to get rid of it.
On 17 Aug 2018 at 7:56am Another B and B lady wrote:
Not on Fleurets though and not being advertised as available on Enterprise Inns site either. Just sits there looking terrible now. Another Lewes pub bites the dust?
On 17 Aug 2018 at 8:45am The Old Mayor wrote:
I think if the owners can prove it's not viable as a business, i.e. No one wants it and it's unlettable they can applay for change of use after the qualifying time and convert to residential. There's is also pressure on the authorities nowadays to agree. BTW we do have a lot of pubs in town still.
On 17 Aug 2018 at 6:44pm Another B and B lady wrote:
You are probably right Old Mayor. I thought I saw, on this scurrilous forum, that somebody had applied to have it designated a ‘community asset’. What this means now and for future use I don’t know. Someone on here probably does. I wonder how long it has to be seen as unlettable/viable before it can be sold for development?

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Torchlit 136:143
Torchlit

My advice for off peak is to get off at Haywards Heath and get on one of the Thameslinks which are almost all 12 carriages and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare