Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Kids required for Saturday. And it's free.

On 14 Sep 2010 at 2:48pm Rookie wrote:
Saturday sees Lewes FC celebrate our 125th birthday - and we are inviting kids to help us out.
Before the game against Chelmsford, the football club wants to form a special children's Guard Of Honour to welcome the players onto the Dripping Pan pitch.
The invitation is open to any child under 16 to come onto the pitch - just as long as they are either in a Lewes shirt or wearing any combination of red and black.
And we want all those involved to cheer as loud as possible as the players walk through them to line-up before the game.
More details will be announced before the game on Saturday but make sure any child interested in taking part is in the ground in good time as we are hoping for a rather large crowd of at least 1250 to help us celebrate.
With the admission price only £10 for adults and free for kids under 16, it's a great opportunity to welcome our supporters of tomorrow to take part in this very proud day.
So come on kids - can you help us out?

On 14 Sep 2010 at 2:57pm footymum wrote:
My three cant wait lets hope theres a good turn out Rookie.
My kids love going to home matches.

On 14 Sep 2010 at 7:56pm Rookie wrote:
It seems a very attractive (and cheap) way of entertaining the kids this Saturday. Kids just love getting out on the pitch.
The party starts at 1pm. There is live music. BBC1's Football Focus will be broadcasting live from the Pan so the kids and everyone else might well be on the telly.
The game kicks off at 3pm as usual.
Hopefully we will get a good crowd but I think 1250 is a bit optimistic!

On 14 Sep 2010 at 11:42pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Sounds great. Will try to get there !

On 15 Sep 2010 at 9:55am Dave wrote:
Do Rookie shirts count?

On 15 Sep 2010 at 10:43am Gooner wrote:
Waste of time.

On 15 Sep 2010 at 12:07pm nightall wrote:
Why not go into the local schools asking the kids to come? Nothing more effective than pester power!

On 17 Sep 2010 at 10:01am Mich wrote:
Yes Gooner your post was a waste of YOUR time. Up the Rooks......Down with Gooners!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station Sunset 81:132
Lewes Station Sunset

To be fair, I think Dominic Cummings staying put is actually doing the Labour party a favour. He's manipulated people to become... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie