Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Katie Hopkins

On 19 Oct 2017 at 7:10am Jules Charrington wrote:
What on earth have you invited Katie Hopkins for? She is not a "speaker". She is a reality tv star with particularly awful ideas who also hires boats to disrupt refugee rescuers. I.e. She wants them to drown. I am all for free speech... but there is a line and Katie Hopkins is way the wrong side of it! Lewes your reputation will be dragged through the gutter with this woman. She has no ideas just abuse and truly horrible hate speech. Has the town finally lost its last marble!!
On 19 Oct 2017 at 7:26am Lopster wrote:
You are clearly responding to what you have heard ABOUT her and not from/by her
Ever tune in to LBC?
Remember free speech?
Innocent until proven guilty?
Hmmm!
On 19 Oct 2017 at 7:38am Witchfinder wrote:
She has the mark on her left buttock
On 19 Oct 2017 at 8:06am Will wrote:
This might as well read, why are you letting someone who disagrees with me about the direction this country has taken talk.
The left are obsessed with diversity, except diversity of opinion.
On 19 Oct 2017 at 8:30am Lady Grinning Soul wrote:
Katie Hopkins was booked by a festival organiser from Tonbridge, not someone from Lewes.
Many people in the town are upset. He should cancel, but he won't.
The Town Council still could though - on the grounds that there isn't adequate security in place for the event.
She's getting exactly what she wanted out of this, for her ailing 'career'.
I'm going away that weekend.
On 19 Oct 2017 at 8:46am Hyena wrote:
Wasn't Ken Livingstone booked for last year? Didn't happen though.
On 19 Oct 2017 at 9:11am The fascists of the future will come from the left wrote:
Shout down all opposition, where did that happen in the 1930ís?
On 19 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm Pedro wrote:
Its a pity in the 1930s that bigotry and divisive hate speech wasn't shouted down more. They let those bad ideas fester and become sadly mainstream and many people bought into the fear.
On 19 Oct 2017 at 3:09pm Me wrote:
It's a pity you weren't put down in the thirties.
On 19 Oct 2017 at 5:44pm @Hyena wrote:
Ken Livingstone was not booked for last year but the year before. He did turn up and of course was well received. He is not a Hater etc.
On 19 Oct 2017 at 10:03pm Hyena wrote:
Well do bit of research and then decide if 'he is not a hater'
On 20 Oct 2017 at 5:00pm Pedro wrote:
I'm no fan of either, but Ken Livingstone is far less of a gob s**te than Hopkins, and if you put laid out their top 5 most "awful" things each have said....Livingstones would be far more reasonable by comparison.

On 21 Oct 2017 at 10:11am truth66 wrote:
Let the far right propagandist speak and hear her legitimise her racism and bigotry. There is nothing new about this former TV contestant's push button, far right agenda except perhaps her strategies for making a living out of hate and division through social media.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Swan penny 112:132
Swan penny

Trump worse than Obama? GTFO. Trump claimed a lot of things, you'd be a fool to accept it. Drone strikes and bombing raids... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy