Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Karate...

On 6 Oct 2007 at 3:10pm lauren wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is any good karate schools in lewes. my son is 14 and is a brown with white belt, he gave up a year ago when his school moved to eastbourne. He is looking to take the sport up again but closer to home. any help would be grateful.

On 6 Oct 2007 at 11:20pm Rookie wrote:
There are a couple that I know of. One is in St Michaels church hall, near the bottle neck, on a Sunday evening. I think its 6pm to 8pm.
Theres another one at St Pancras School on a Wednesday evening from 7pm I think.

On 7 Oct 2007 at 9:50am Lewesianne wrote:
They are the same club actually. Professional and very good.

On 7 Oct 2007 at 10:15pm lauren wrote:
Thanks Rookie and lewesianne for your help. Will check them out this week.

On 8 Oct 2007 at 10:30am Amethyst wrote:
Yes this is the same club, Red Oak Karate Club run by John Cross and Dave Hare. It is a small club and very friendly - lots of one on one attention and they have a few boys of the same age so it would be ideal for your son.

On 8 Oct 2007 at 6:21pm lauren wrote:
does anyone have a telephone number for the red oak karate club please.
Thanks for all your help
Lauren

On 9 Oct 2007 at 4:34pm Lewesianne wrote:
Yes Lauren, 01825 767652. I believe this is Dave's number, who runs the club.

On 9 Oct 2007 at 6:28pm lauren wrote:
Thanks Lewesianne, phoned this evening and got my son booked in for tomorrow night.
Thanks to everyone for responding to my plee

On 9 Oct 2007 at 9:42pm lopster wrote:
Nice to see this web getting used for a useful service, brief, succint, polite, informative emails - helpful and neither patronising nor condescending - more of this i say - good on you all restored my faith in Lewesians - and indeed Lewesianne too - I was worried that you were just out to shock, nice not to hear about the misbehaving of your internals in this post :-)

On 10 Oct 2007 at 12:35pm Lewesianne wrote:
Actually, my internals are not misbehaving as I am used to baby carrots and peas (unlucky for me!) but I read it in a magazine once and couldn't resist a little tease with Geoff, as he's very proud of his big dooberry.
This Karate club is very good and what I'd call real. None of this namby pamby non-contact stuff. They teach self defence as if being attacked by a real mugger, not by another Bruce Lee. Also pays particular attention to self defense for women too. Good stuff.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 32:132
Down the Pan

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie
Brighton Jobs