Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

KFC thread

On 4 Sep 2012 at 11:37am Dave wrote:
The Cafe in Nevill Road does egg, chips and beans with a cuppa for just over £3.
It's the only place in Lewes with reasonably priced food.

On 4 Sep 2012 at 12:13pm Roly Mo wrote:
Not true about KFC, much to my distress.

On 4 Sep 2012 at 12:31pm Egg on Ronnie wrote:
Bills is reasonably priced too

On 4 Sep 2012 at 12:33pm Mr Forks wrote:
Can you get anything in Bills for £3?! Other than ripped off!

On 4 Sep 2012 at 12:47pm boots wrote:
"Bills is reasonably priced too"
since when...

On 4 Sep 2012 at 1:01pm Bevi wrote:
Bills is overpriced for what you get. Used to much larger portions compared to what you get now. Now poor value for money.

On 4 Sep 2012 at 3:35pm Who ate all the pies? wrote:
Yummy chicken, Burke! feed me!

On 4 Sep 2012 at 4:19pm Fred wrote:
I ate all the pies!
And some kebabs too. and curry and chinese and pizza and chips.

On 4 Sep 2012 at 11:33pm Bongo wrote:
I had a KFC the other week. First one this year. Got grease running down my chin whenever I took a bite of chicken, the cola they sold me went flat within two minutes, and the 'chips' (lord knows what they are made out of) were so rank I fed them to the birds. Luverly! Might try another one next year.
Oh, and I threw the KFC wrappers in the layby, as I drove along the A26 back into Lewes. That was the correct way to dispose of it, wasn't it? I thought it must be, judging by the rest of the takeaway wrappings thrown along the roadside!

On 4 Sep 2012 at 11:58pm TDA wrote:
Agree with you Bevi

On 5 Sep 2012 at 12:26am Dave wrote:
Bills is nothing like it used to be when Bill had anything to do with it.
I had a Bill's Breakfast in there the other day (won't do that again). It used to come with two great big mushrooms, 2 decent sized sausages, two well cooked tomato halves, and a pile of scrambled eggs on 2 pieces of crisp toast.

What I got was soggy pieces of barely toasted bread topped with a bit of scrambled egg, some small chopped up mushrooms, 2 tomato halves that looked like someone else had played with them and rejected them already and no sausages, when I asked for my sausages they came in a bowl and were both the size of a large grape (not really sausages then).

When I complained the waiter said "I'm sorry to hear that" but offered nothing in that way of an explanation or compensation for what was a very disappointing meal.

I will not go there again.

On 5 Sep 2012 at 12:55am expat two wrote:
I reckon Lewes could use a KFC, then it might catch up with the rest of the country in morbid obesity stats, or overtake even - wouldn't that be something to celebrate?

On 5 Sep 2012 at 9:08am biggles wrote:
KFC Press Office denies rumours of their coming to Lewes - saying they prefer edge of town sites for the drive thru business.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

Tom, you sound like those passionate Corbynistas who labelled everyone who didn't support their beloved Jeremy as a pink Tory. I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle