Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Just left Lewes...

On 10 Dec 2009 at 8:55pm SG wrote:
And pretty heartbroken. Especially as I'm now stuck in Seaford
I'm looking to come back and rent a flat after Christmas though. I wanted to know if anybody could tell me the best places to look, or could recommend a letting agents to contact?
Thanks!

On 11 Dec 2009 at 2:17am Lewes Resident wrote:
Don't come back.

On 11 Dec 2009 at 8:21am LewesMan wrote:
If you've been living in Lewes SG I imagine you would have noticed the letting agents around.

On 11 Dec 2009 at 8:55am AKAR wrote:
Morning Happy Friday helpers!!!!
Ashton Burkinshaw is a letting agent in Lewes

On 11 Dec 2009 at 9:01am Heres a thought... wrote:
The advert section on this website carries private lettings (emphasis on private, ie; without the letting agent)

On 11 Dec 2009 at 11:10am SG wrote:
LewesMan, thank you for your helpful input. I was actually asking if anybody could make a recommendation, for instance to one that they had used before and could confirm were pretty reliable.
I've looked at some private lettings, a few seem promising. Thank you!

On 11 Dec 2009 at 12:18pm Commuter wrote:
Stanley and partners is good, they found me a lovely house to rent!

On 11 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm sashimi wrote:
Try Darren Bradley in Station Street as well and Stanley & Partners and Ashton Burkinshaw. It's also worth looking in the newsagents windows and small ads. Good luck.

On 11 Dec 2009 at 1:00pm Dun Rentin wrote:
Stanley and Partners shaft you with some very interesting charges for references and other such 'items'! BPM in Station Street are great though

On 11 Dec 2009 at 1:05pm Commuter wrote:
Stanley and Partners do charge administration costs but no dearer than anywhere else I have been. Would love to know which ones are cheaper though for future reference!

On 11 Dec 2009 at 4:04pm SHS wrote:
There's a big vacant stone building available between the football stadium & the tennis courts. In need of refurbishment (no roof) but plenty of space. It would look nice painted bright red.......

On 14 Dec 2009 at 4:02am Brixtonbelle wrote:
We renting through Oakleys - they are pretty on the ball. Found Stanley and partners a bit odd - no viewings on a Saturday or after 5pm M-Fri - so anyone who works is stuffed !

On 11 May 2015 at 4:39pm Stanley & Partners wrote:
Hello
We are pleased to show properties 9am to 5.20 pm Monday to Thursday and until 5pm Friday.
Viewings at Saturday and Sunday and later times in the week are possible but we would ask that you book them in with us and we can arrange for the tenants to show. Hopefully not too odd. Hope this helps. 01273 480529 regards James lewes@stanleyandpartners.co.uk www.stanleyandpartners.co.uk

On 11 May 2015 at 4:50pm Stanley & Partners wrote:
referencing fees are shown on our website as required although most other agents dont despite being required to do so.
Sad to hear that a poster thinks we are expensive on tenant fees. We do charge competitive rates and as said these are openly public on our website.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arched gateway 5:132
Arched gateway

Yes Green Sleeves, it continues to irritate me that the media (including the BBC) screech about the US death toll being the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell