Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

It's all the rage...

On 28 Jul 2009 at 10:43pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Come on, own up - have you had Swine Flu yet? If so, how did it compare to other flu's that you have had in the past? Did you get Tamiflu prescribed? Etc etc?

On 29 Jul 2009 at 8:19am bonfirek wrote:
Not yet, still waiting!

On 29 Jul 2009 at 9:58am FELINE wrote:
Yes, had it 3 weeks ago. Acute symptoms for 3/4 days then just very (and I mean very!) wiped out. Still feeling less than 100%. Actual acute phase not as bad as other flu I've had but worse than a cold. Decided against Tamiflu as it was a bit late by the time I spoke to my GP and she told me that the side-effects were unpleasant. I've since heard from others who've had Tamiflu that they wished they hadn't bothered - made them sick. Best thing apparently is to take full-dose paracetamol and codeine. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen but they didn't have much effect.

On 29 Jul 2009 at 5:46pm Keeley wrote:
Yes my brother has had SF since last week, has been taking Tamiflu for the past 4 days (last dose tomorrow). It hasn't made him sick at all, in fact makng him feel a lot better. He is still not well but says that its not as bad as when he had normal flu.

On 29 Jul 2009 at 9:34pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Thanks for the feedback - I was curious as my local pharmacist told me they had dispensed loads of Tamiflu.
I have not fallen to Swine Fle yet, but if/when I do, I do not plan on taking any anti-viral preparation as, apart from wanting my immunity to occur naturally, I feel it is the over prescription of medications such as this which ultimately leads to mutations in the virus and resistance to medications.

On 30 Jul 2009 at 9:02am chav wrote:
Not had swine flu but the chick I had round last night was a bit of a pig.

On 30 Jul 2009 at 9:08am sashimi wrote:
Oh dear, chav, I can see you are no gentleman. Anyway, isn't the correct phrase 'a dog'?

On 30 Jul 2009 at 10:03am 40 something wrote:
Chav, I doubt you could ever attract anything remotely human!

On 30 Jul 2009 at 12:27pm Lets Do Lunch! wrote:
Nor Sashimi by the looks of it!!!!!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 53:132
Lewes antiques centre

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina