Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Is this Forum dying?

On 16 Nov 2012 at 11:50pm Numberjack wrote:
Is it just my two PC's or is this site getting less responsive lately? get to read one or two threads then it all just clams up and won't let me read anything else, til I close Ie and restart it???????

On 17 Nov 2012 at 12:22am IMEYOU wrote:
Same Here, To much Going On And Embedded Stuff Me Thinks

On 17 Nov 2012 at 12:28am Webbo wrote:
It has just had it's busiest month ever And does seem to be creaking a bit at times but I will sort it out.
On 17 Nov 2012 at 7:03am TREK PIRATE wrote:
YARGH!!
AH KINNA GET MOAR POWER!!
Damn it speck, that's illogical.

On 17 Nov 2012 at 8:37am Pete wrote:
Webbo's on the case...

On 17 Nov 2012 at 12:58pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I've found that when it does hang, it seems to be an advert failing to load that does it. Given how much busier it is here than it ever has been and the place is running on free software (I assume?) I think webbo does pretty well.

On 17 Nov 2012 at 1:21pm Southover Queen wrote:
I'm not complaining, but equally I'm sure it's useful for Webbo to know when things aren't working as they should. I have certainly had a lot of problems just loading the forum (Mac OSX running Chrome). I've tried clearing the cache etc etc, but the truth is that it is the only forum I have trouble with - I use a couple of other PHP based ones and they run fine. Mostly once it's actually loaded it seems to work okay, although i did lose a long post yesterday when the "posting please wait" notice hung.

On 17 Nov 2012 at 2:11pm Rookie wrote:
I occasionally have trouble with this forum. I find that it often locks up after pressing the post message button thus losing what you have written. I have learnt to copy my text first for when it happens. My other online stop-off is the football club forum, which is Proboards. It's free with some ads, and works very well. Might be worth considering if a change is necessary?

On 17 Nov 2012 at 9:37pm the old mayor wrote:
It was all that Bonfire stuff that constipated it !!

On 18 Nov 2012 at 10:17am Webbo wrote:
I think I may have fixed it now but it's always difficult to be sure when its an intermittent problem.

If you still find it hangs (or messes up in any other way) could you let me know, feedback is always very useful so thanks for all your input

On 18 Nov 2012 at 8:17pm Screaming J wrote:
Webbo - I've had real problems posting a message tonight. As with others here, it hangs after I've pressed 'Post message' and eventually boots me off the site together. Running Chrome version 23.0.1271.64 m on Windows XP.

On 18 Nov 2012 at 8:19pm Screaming J wrote:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Although its just done that one OK !

On 19 Nov 2012 at 10:18am Southover Queen wrote:
It's not letting me post at all, or not on Sceptic's thread about the documentary anyway.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes religion 77:132
Lewes religion

I was aware the Duke of Edinburgh attended a family members funeral in Nazi Germany as a youngster. I'm no fan of the monarchy or... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa