Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Interfering with Nevill green - proposed trim trai

On 4 May 2016 at 6:43pm nevill Nina wrote:
There are moves afoot to put yet another bit of kit on Nevill Green, the idea is to amuse children. (Coz they surely don't know how to amuse themselves. Trouble is it is going to impact on the space available - already smaller because of the new enlarged tiny tots playground - that slightly older children use for playing football, cricket, and the like. It's a trim trail that was won through the Tesco bag levy, it will stick out from the edge of the green by 3/4 metres apparently. I think this will be a 5 minute wonder whereas a game of football can go on all afternoon. It will also impact on the Nevill sports day. If anyone would like to object to this, as I have, please email: roklewes@gmail.com, stating why. The kit could be put somewhere else in Lewes, and suggestions as to where also would be great.
On 4 May 2016 at 6:45pm nevill Nina wrote:
Meant to read NEVILL TRIM TRAIL.
On 4 May 2016 at 10:26pm MiddleAgedMan wrote:
I like the Idea of the trim trail but it should go to the covenant fields, and I am a Nevill resident and would likely use the trim trail. Nevill green is just too small for adult exercise.
On 5 May 2016 at 11:35am Neville Nevill wrote:
That new playground looks truly awful. LDC plead poverty but spend a fortune on that eyesore.
On 5 May 2016 at 1:41pm leaf wrote:
Erm sorry to be thick bit what's a trim trail? Ta
On 5 May 2016 at 2:37pm Policeman wrote:
If anyone has been interfering with Neville Green then they should be reported to the police ASAP..

On 5 May 2016 at 4:14pm Nun wrote:
MAM do you mean the Convent fields? Plenty of room for horizontal jogging on the Neville.
On 6 May 2016 at 1:09pm Neighbour wrote:
I live close to the Green (and it's Nevill, not Neville), and most of the time it is empty. Some young lads occasionally hoofing a ball around, but not much. The bit that generally has people around is the toddlers playground, and I think what they are doing to it looks fabulous. All the kids I know round here are really excited about it, and if it succeeds in creating a focal point for the local kids, so much more than it is now, then I wish it every success.
A trim trail gives the adults summat to do whilst the kids hare around the playground - great to accommodate more than one age group. And I can't wait for the next dog racing day.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 66:143
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie