Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Inquiries

7
 
On Fri 24 Apr at 9:54am Mark wrote:
Are we living in a society in which the Prime Minister can just bury a report on Russian interference in our electoral process as well as the results of the Jennifer Arcuri inquiry?
4
2
On Fri 24 Apr at 10:16am Horseman7 wrote:
I feel those issues can wait whilst we're burying extra thousands of citizens.
9
 
On Fri 24 Apr at 10:54am Buzzard wrote:
The answer to Mark's question is, Yes. This report should have been released last November before the election so it has nothing to do with Covid-19. The only reasonable explanation for the report being buried is that it reveals information so serious that, if the public had known, Boris Johnson would not be PM, and in that case we might have been burying fewer bodies now.
7
1
On Fri 24 Apr at 11:30am Tom Pain wrote:
We bury thousands of citizens every week at the best of times, the current crisis is an excuse to tank the already failing economy. It's just seasonal flu with a fancy new name. Sweden,without a lock down has fewer deaths. Governments always bury unfavourable reports,it happens all the time. In stead of being distracted by "politics" try to see the bigger picture.
7
 
On Fri 24 Apr at 2:27pm Mark wrote:
Oh Tom... It's not the seasonal flu. It's a respiratory illness that attacks the lungs and can progress to the stage where the patient needs to be made to breathe artificially using a ventilator. People with no underlying conditions are dying. And the Sweden argument doesn't work because all of the Scandinavisn countries have very low levels of infection. I've just been googling and Norway, with very strict lockdown has a lower rate of infection than Sweden.
5
 
On Fri 24 Apr at 4:28pm David Stanley wrote:
Talking to my Norwegian family last night. They don't have a lockdown currently. But Scandinavia has far less population density than Britain so it's not very comparable.
1
1
On Fri 24 Apr at 4:43pm Sleeveless wrote:
On country by country comparisons, listen to the Scientists!
"Does the underlying data mean the same thing? And does it make sense to compare two sets of numbers if the epidemiology is different?"
6
 
On Fri 24 Apr at 6:46pm Nevillman wrote:
Returning to your point mark, prime minister's get leeway at the start. Blair had the ecclestone thing. Johnson is undoubtedly very popular at the moment and nothing will stick to him for a few years unless he seriously screws up. In the longer run it will be interesting to see if he is regarded as a new Churchill or as a chancer who wrecked the country by leading them out of the EU for his own personal aggrandisement. I wonder.
5
 
On Fri 24 Apr at 8:51pm Mark wrote:
Abandoning my point... that's odd David. The webpage I looked at said that they had very stringent rules for lockdown. Either it was wrong or they had a short lockdown?
1
2
On Fri 24 Apr at 9:45pm Tom Pain wrote:
Oh Mark, you're right, covid 19 is a respiratory disease!!! I'd never have figured that out by myself. Guess what? What?!!! Flu is a respiratory disease!!!! I'm glad we're in agreement.... ish.
3
1
On Fri 24 Apr at 10:58pm Tom Pain wrote:
It's kind of odd is it not that Chris whitty has had a grant of 31 million pounds from the Gates foundation and he's advising the government on something that could earn Bill's pharmaceutical investments quite a pile ,let alone the Microsoft vaccination identification software technology. I suppose I'm the only paranoid conspiracy theorist that has the delusion that there's the hint of a conflict of interests there.(heavy sarcasm)
6
 
On Sat 25 Apr at 8:14am Mark wrote:
Oh Tom... the flu would not be classified as an illness specific to the lungs in the same way that COPD or lung cancer or Covid-19 would. Your ideas are just plain strange.
6
 
On Sat 25 Apr at 9:10am Nevillman wrote:
Tom. Does Bill gates have pharmaceutical investments? His Foundation is putting money into pharmaceutical research but there is no evidence he expects a return on it. I can find no evidence of a Microsoft vaccination identification programme in my online research. Many accusations have been made against his charitable foundations programmes that you alluded to in previous posts. All of these have been refuted and I can see no evidence to substantiate any of them.
The main case against him seems to be that noone should be allowed to get that wealthy and there must have been some monkey business going on for it to happen. Also, there is a subliminal pro neo liberal agenda behind his charitable work in that it supports the economic status quo while saving millions of lives rather than addressing the underlying economic problems that mean that millions are in poverty.
These points can be debated but it is a fact that he did make all that money and is now trying to give a lot of it away in a way that he thinks leaves the world in a better state with far fewer people dying early from disease. If his money helps find a vaccine for covid and stops malaria and other diseases I don't care if he does it for his own status reasons.
You can read and believe a lot of stuff that feeds paranoid conspiracy theories and if it brings you pleasure Tom then go ahead.
7
 
On Sat 25 Apr at 10:44am Green Sleeves wrote:
The thing with these self-indulgent, attention-seeking a-hole conspiracy theorists, is that for every 100 conspiracies they rant about, 1 or 2 may have a kernel of truth to them, which they of course latch on to....totally ignoring the other overwhelming nonsense they've previously peddled. I don't want to label Tom with the "broken clock" diss, since that would imply he's actually right twice a day, which would be a huge exaggeration.

You're welcome, Tom. Enjoy that forum spotlight for the next 3 minutes.
3
1
On Sat 25 Apr at 12:20pm Tom Pain wrote:
The sultan of snide returns with another slew of warmed over clichés. The insulting troll count has been declining in your absence greenie, apart from Frank of course who could do with some of your subtlety with the greasy innuendo. Yes Nev ,he is heavily invested in the pharmaceutical industry and in Monsanto. Have you not seen the reports about his polio vaccine in India? Don't you see a strange contradiction in his drive for depopulation and his claim to want to help people?
6
 
On Sat 25 Apr at 12:53pm Mark wrote:
The rubbish is endless today. Put "Bill Gates polio vaccine factcheck" into Google. It was fake news.
2
1
On Sat 25 Apr at 4:22pm Tom Pain wrote:
I fact checked fact check and it said it wasn't factual. Gates probably owns it. Try a few different sources. So flu isn't a respiratory illness that attacks the lungs? I hope you're not a doctor.


20 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

The Ouse upstream 120:132
The Ouse upstream

Should Maria Caulfield call for the resignation or sacking of Mr Cummings? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell