Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Incredible Inedible

4
 
On 26 Jan 2012 at 6:53pm SHS wrote:
Incredible how more and more people seem do believe that studying hard or working hard is a crime that deserves no rewards. Incredible how more and more people (including the govt) seem to think that if anyone has worked hard to get a roof over their heads, or has been bold enough or learned enough to be able to run a business or to be incredibly useful to their employer, that they should be vilified and told to give away what they have. No wonder Britain is going downhill fast, whilst other nations have such completely different attitudes to work and success. Where does the money come from for all these govt benefits, indeed for all govt money? Ultimately, only from those who work and mostly from those who have done well enough to be able to run profitable businesses. Work it out.
 
5
On 26 Jan 2012 at 8:08pm bastian wrote:
shs, did that hurt you so much? poor you!
I love it when people get nasty because they run out of intelligent answers
 
 
On 26 Jan 2012 at 9:16pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Have you only just worked that out SHS? I did have you down as one in touch with the real world. Though I take it you'll be contributing to the government on the 31st like the rest of us!!! If you want to make money, SHS, then do nothing. twenty six grand pa NET!!!! apparently. Where do I sign?
2
 
On 26 Jan 2012 at 9:33pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
I think i might give up my job if i can get £26 grand, and sponge off the state, no wonder the welfare system is in such a sh1t order.
Why oh why would anybody want to work if they can get that.
3
4
On 26 Jan 2012 at 9:37pm Fartington Greedbucket wrote:
Thoroughly agree me ole mate.Present government?know most of em`. bunch of pinko Marxist w*nky boys.Put me into power and I`ll show you what I`d do with the lazy good for nothing spongers and chavs choking up our streets and housing estates!Know what I`d do?I`d put e`m all up against the houses of Parliament walls and shoot the bloody lot of em` point blank up the arse,Bang,Bang,Bang,Bang bloody Bang! And then? then what? I hear you say Eh?I`d get the local hunts up and down the country to chase their fat scruffy wives and their illiterate kids into the paths of oncoming buses driven by Jeremy Clarkson and his fellow presenters from that Top of the Gears show on the telly!Thats what I`d do, I`ll make work pay alright, good for nothing lazy blighters.Out of a job for longer than 24 hours and we`ll come round to your house and shoot you dead or if you lucky sell you into slavery in Saudi Arbia!Wonder how many people will be still unemployed after that law comes in Eh?That way we`ll make the place a fit place to live for the likes of you and me Eh SHS?.......So don`t forget it`s Fartington for the next Tory leader after we`ve drowned Cameron in the ornamental lake at Greedbucket Towers Eh?What Ho!
1
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 8:12am DFL wrote:
Fartington, you REALLY must get to see a doctor....
1
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 8:27am Make ends meat wrote:
I would live to know who these people are that are getting £26k a year in benefits! I am a single mother, who until last year worked since I was 15. I now have to care for my daughter who is too young for playgroup and child minders are simply too expensive. The government will help out with chid care costs once she reaches 3 on average, but 2 in certain instances. Because of this work is simply not an option. I'd love to be working, I miss it, but my daughter is more important. I was therefore forced to claim benefits to survive. The government tells me that I can survive on £67 a week (increasing to 71 in April!). That is all the disposable income I have. But that has to cover food, household bills and of course debts that I have run up while living in on a pittance. Yes I have housing and council tax benefit, but I live in council property where the rent is £70 per week. There is no way I am claiming the £26k that they say will be the 'cap'. I would love to be!!! They tell me I can earn £20 a week before it affects my benefit, what's that, 3 hours ... What is the point, I would pay £20 for a babysitter for 3 hours!! I would have to work over 16 hours to make it worth while, to entitle me to working tax credits. It is a vicious circle. The government needs to help people like me, who claim benefits because we have to, not because we can't be bothered to do anything else.
1
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 10:12am observer wrote:
I know what you mean SHS, when I first got married I worked shift work, nights and crammed in all the hours I could to pay for our first house. Finally after 50 years of hard work I have retired and own a lovely house with quite a large garden. The point I am getting at is the remarks I get from some of our less fortunate friends whose husbands spent more time in the beer shop or bookies and sayings things like " arent you lucky". I just smile and think " Bloody lucky you w--nker I worked bloody hard to get this. Mind you getting back to state benefits the bankers dont do so bad with their massive bonuses and payouts.
 
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 10:18am Southover Girl wrote:
MEM - I'd advise to go to the job centre who will help with getting you the right support and benefits. The £26K is made up of all benefits, housing, income support, (not having to pay council tax) etc. Remember, rents from private landlords are higher then council properties. I was a single parent and sometimes was out of work and claiming benefit. When my daughters were little I went to Uni to study for a degree, because I couldn't afford to work and pay mortgage and childcare. So I made a positive out of a negative situation. When they got older I got a job again. Financial aid is there to help at difficult times. We are lucky to have it. IT IS NOT A WAY OF LIFE though!
I believe that people who work should keep their money and profit from it too.
To start balancing decades of lefty teaching 'Atlas Shrugged' should be part of every school reading list.
1
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 10:31am Feline wrote:
MEM - any chance of the father of your child contributing to the financial consequences of having a child?
 
1
On 27 Jan 2012 at 6:18pm Make meat murder wrote:
Was a virgin birth. Mother of God am I. Or so I tell the benefit.
 
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 6:43pm SHS wrote:
Tooth Fairy it's been pretty obvious for a long time but recent comments on here (granted some are just wind-ups) and from other people have really left me gobsmacked. However MEM does have a point, there should be a greater incentive to work & this govt's substantial raising of the personal allowance is a big step long overdue. Since local govt & other govt agencies pay out so much of taxpayers money hiring staff - for example traffic wardens, street cleaners and park staff - why done oblige anyone who is out of work to take on these jobs at minimum wage (or less)? It would avoid paying out benefits, save on govt staff costs and keep everyone occupied. Win win win.
 
 
On 27 Jan 2012 at 7:15pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
MEM, you should be getting child tax credit as well (£59 pw or thereabouts). And if you go the CSA or whatever it is, any maitenance shouldn't come off your benefits.
I agree it's tough though. Beats me how any single person survives on £67.50 pw, unless they live at home with mum and dad.
1
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 1:30pm curious wrote:
MEM and many other whinging benefit claiming mums, one assumes that you made a conscious decision to have a child, but it seems that you did not consider your financial position when making this decision, from what you say you can't afford a child.
people who cant afford holidays don't have them, people who cannot afford children should not have them.
Why should the state pay you benefits, just because you selfishly made a choice that you can't afford?
 
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 4:10pm bastian wrote:
atlas shrugged is a work ofFiction on which a strange group of neo-cons base an argument for the new world.Marx was a work of fact based on experience of the writer.
 
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 4:13pm bastian wrote:
das capital explains the situation as it unfolded in this country.
 
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 4:23pm bastian wrote:
curious and many others, you show no social comprehension of other peoples lives...did you grow up under a bush somewhere? sheltered from reallity.
Why do you always blame mothers for having children. It takes two to have children, she has proberbly been lied to like many others, loved and left and that makes her a convienient target for your comments. Tabloid headlines again.
Southover girl, you took yourself off to university, well done, please remember some girls do not feel confident enough to do that, to take the risk of further debt, especially now,45k at least payed back at 21k earnings.the world has changed locking young people out of a sealed financial security.for life.
 
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm Southover Girl wrote:
Good point 'Bastian'. I couldn't have gone to Uni now.
 
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 8:29pm bastian wrote:
I feel for the young, they face a far tougher time than any of us
 
 
On 28 Jan 2012 at 9:15pm Lotty wrote:
Got 6 months JPA once as a student - turns out it was a mistake but, as it was their fault, I got to keep it - yay!
Lotty


17 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Arched gateway 5:132
Arched gateway

Your condescending attitude can't hide the glaring absence of an answer to any of the points I have made, raving or not. Another... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine