Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ignorant Drivers and Lazy Kids

On 13 Sep 2016 at 6:09pm The Old Mayor wrote:
It's sad to see that the grammar school buses ignorie the new flashes painted, rather unglamorously, on the pavement and the ban on loading during set hours. Also, the multi drop vans don't seem to pay any attention either. So that's all a complete waste of time and money, just unsightly for the town too. Now the public need to take photos and pass the details on, maybe there can be an award, like collecting coffee 'stamps' we could collect parking vouchers !!
On 13 Sep 2016 at 6:11pm wanderer wrote:
report it to parking shop simple
On 13 Sep 2016 at 6:35pm Eton wrote:
Just shows what paying for education gets you...above the law.
On 13 Sep 2016 at 7:00pm Jennifer wrote:
Being "above the law" isn't the point. People who achieve income are better able to factor-in trivial expenses such as the inconvenience of receiving parking fines. Remember, these do not result in penalties recorded on one's driving licence. If a person chooses to report a high-income motorist for a parking offence, what does it matter? Parking fines in Lewes are generally well below London rates, anyway.
On 13 Sep 2016 at 9:58pm Meldrew wrote:
LOGS have been selfishly abusing this chokepoint for too long with their private taxi service for the paid-up "pupils"
Sod the other road users, it's doorstep service for our charges
Don't forget the other toffs up the road at Shelleys getting into their limo's for an afternoon at Glynders
Still, bless'em, they've put up some rather nice tasteful pub signs
Not sure if this to offset the yellow daubs or to make sure they don't get lost when the bell goes
On 14 Sep 2016 at 1:04pm yahyahyah wrote:
sigh sigh, my kids go to logs, no they are not lazy, no they are not toffs, we park properly to ensure we dont get parking tickets which are a deterrent, we are not above the law etc etc etc
some of the accusations could easily be applied to state school kids / parents
etc etc
On 14 Sep 2016 at 1:15pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Except that Priory don't park coaches and minibuses along a narrow stretch of road with clearly marked "No loading" signs all along the pavement. Grammar parents will always be tarred with the same brush so long as the school itself so visibly flouts the law and continues to essentially not care about the needs of local people (To use the High Street) in the process.
On 14 Sep 2016 at 2:23pm Boffin wrote:
Beats me why parents send their kids there. Priory is a far better school and it's FREE
On 14 Sep 2016 at 3:41pm Poor people wrote:
At least we can be bothered to type the sentence, etc etc...
On 14 Sep 2016 at 4:21pm Mrs p wrote:
The minibus situation bugs me too, but life is more complicated than the us and them mentally on this thread. ( A sentence this time to satisfy 'poor people' above :-)
On 14 Sep 2016 at 5:20pm Poor people wrote:
I wasn't really fussed, I'm not even poor...
Plus I don't have to navigate that school (several others though), in all honesty the worst is probably Ditchling, unbelievable parking there the road is made single file for half a mile due to bad parking, impossible to get through without headache.
I really don't get why people feel the need to drive children to school (fair enough if it's a distance, but car share at least), the "rush hour" in the morning is so much easier during school holidays.
Half the congestion problems in this country is related to the "school run" not mass immigration or lack of road investment. Can't we close all the schools and teach over the internet instead?
On 14 Sep 2016 at 7:23pm Jonny wrote:
The minibuses at logs (12 journeys morning and evening) carry between 10 and 16 pupils. Even my maths tells me that keeps at least 100 range rooneys off the roads morning and afternoon (assuming some buses are carrying siblings).Just a thought.

On 14 Sep 2016 at 11:15pm Bloc wrote:
It's not the fact of the minibuses, it's the way they park and where they park. Surely an intelligent response would be for Logs to arrange a drop off and collection point. Maybe Shelleys car park ? Or at the bus stop by the Pelham arms ? It's not hard to think of solutions
On 15 Sep 2016 at 8:10am king (of) the road wrote:
logs were always the poor relations, brainwise to the proper Grammar kids. And we let them know it at every opportunity.
On 15 Sep 2016 at 8:12am See what you did there wrote:
Bloc king the road - have a thumbs up.

On 15 Sep 2016 at 9:13am Jonny wrote:
I have a bit of inside knowledge and believe me logs have tried to come up with alternatives, I'm pretty sure that shelleys is owned by a Mr Vanhooliganstraten, he dooesnt have a brilliant reputation for helping others. The buses are supposed to stagger their arrivals so there are no more than 2 outside logs at any one time. It doesn't always work, granted. I did wonder whether logs may eventually sell up its town centre properties and find a new site out of town......
On 15 Sep 2016 at 10:19am Lewes Resdent wrote:
Why don't the busses wait out side YMCA building? or are the little darlings to lazy walk aroud the corner. LOGS do own it now.
On 15 Sep 2016 at 11:23am notforthelikesofus wrote:
There is a clear safety issue with the way that street is blocked in the event that emergency services need to get past during busy periods vital minutes are wasted due to the inconsiderate use of the road by the parents and buses that park there. A stroke victims life could be irrecoverably changed while waiting to get past Tarquin or Tabitha taking their cello and crickets bags from the bus or Chelsea tractor.
The road should be an urban clearing with no parking or stopping at all between 7am-7pm.
On 15 Sep 2016 at 11:39am Proper Grammar schools wrote:
Back in the day the pupils had to walk from either the train station (short walk) or the bus station ( slightly longer ) Give the logs lot a satnav app so they can find their way to an appropriate bus stand.
On 16 Sep 2016 at 1:59pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Lewes Resident, have you ever seen the YMCA car park at LOGS kick-out time? It's like a huge migrating herd of badly parked Chelsea Tractors, once all the spaces are taken, the latecomers just dump their 4x4 on the pavement, in the road, wherever there is space, and sit there with the engine running waiting for the single child they are picking up to get there. If I was asthmatic I would steer well clear of the area as with that many diesel engines running in close proximity at the same time the air is barely breathable.
On 17 Sep 2016 at 3:25pm LOGS KID wrote:
I attend the Grammar school, I think some hold a vendetta towards the school and the pupils which attend! It's extremely sad that all of you feel the need to criticise a school just because it's private. Making the assumption that parents drive Range Rovers is extremely childish. I find it hilarious how adults feel the need to criticise children for being 'lazy' when it is clearly not their decision to be dispatched at the front of the school. For your information, children are now dropped off/ collected at the YMCA. Lewes Old Grammar School was founded in 1512 and has been apart of our town for many year and will stay apart of our town for many years more. Parents do drop their children off by the front of the school but that shall only inconvenience people for a short period of time. Please find a better hobby to do rather than slating my school.
Thank you.

On 17 Sep 2016 at 11:27pm Bloc wrote:
LOGS kid - you might want to look up the difference between apart and a part.

The parking by minibuses and parents on double yellow lines is selfish and inconsiderate. And illegal. If you think that's acceptable I don't think your school or your parents are giving you a very good education. Why don't you raise it with your head teacher as an issue that some of the pupils could tackle as a project , and you can learn the value of public service and community spirit and not just being a pampered little snot. Great way to learn problem solving, negotiation, diplomacy, can include design skills, geography, research and local politics.
On 19 Sep 2016 at 10:33am LOGS KID wrote:
Bloc, good idea! Pick on my Grammar! I am just like every other child that makes a grammar mistakes, just because I go to a private school does not make a difference! I have an amazing education, one which I could not fault... We have a great community spirit and I for one always try to help out in my community where I can. I find it absolutely hilarious and extremely naive how you think just because I'm a 'pampered little snot' I don't perform public services or take part in the community spirit! What an extremely backwards view to hold! Very very silly!!! Please stop picking on privately educated children just because we are fortunate enough to attend a private school, I count everyday as a blessing and would not take my position in life for granted. Please in the future do not be so narrow minded. If this causes such a problem I am willing to take it to my head teacher AS I WILL HELP MY COMMUNITY WHENEVER I CAN!
Ta ta X

On 19 Sep 2016 at 10:50am Range Rover Guy wrote:
For those of you who are complaining about Range Rovers, I am a parent of the school and drive a RR; I neither care about the pollution I create nor the congestion I cause as long as my child gets safely to school and is well away from Corbynist, vegetarian failures such as yourselves who should observe and not divulge! Remember that these children will be the earning force for the future who will be paying for and supplementing your meagre pensions that none of you care about and are too happy to spend whatever you have left in your hole ridden pockets at Bill's

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lansdown Penny 127:143
The Lansdown Penny

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa