Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

I'd hate to be a Tory...

On 1 Nov 2017 at 10:25pm Burke wrote:
... at the moment. Fallon has gone. Green will be next. Then May is isolated. She'll be gone by Christmas. This is just like the good old days under Major.
On 1 Nov 2017 at 11:05pm Ernie wrote:
And where is our MP? Been invisible again for ages. Can someone check out the House of Commons bar to see if she is still there?
On 2 Nov 2017 at 8:57am bored wrote:
get a life burke
On 2 Nov 2017 at 10:17am Yes Burke wrote:
Do something useful with your life, join a political party, I've heard there's a few opening in the Tories.
On 2 Nov 2017 at 10:25am Hamnid Barr wrote:
Maria Caulfield is a very hard working MP and is hardly "invisible"
See the leftie bully boys are out again baying for her blood.
I'm curious - when was the last time Lewes had a Labour MP?
On 2 Nov 2017 at 11:10am Clifford wrote:
I do love how fashionable the word 'bully' has become. Criticise a politician, and you're a 'bully'. I'm curious Hamnid, can't you use Google to look up past Lewes MPs? Anyone of moderate intelligence, even a Tory, should be able to manage it.

On 2 Nov 2017 at 2:31pm Rabid Harm wrote:
Fascist Left is another one I like to use often because names is what I'ze good at.
On 2 Nov 2017 at 7:53pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Obviously the Lewes constituency has never had a Labour MP. Since its formation in 1885 the only non-Tory MP was Norman - a strictly personal achievement. If that is ever to change the local opposition will have to find a far more impressive candidate than Kelly Anne.
However, Lewes Borough quite often had a Labour council. The likes of Michael Foot, Militant, Derek Hatton, and Jeremy Corbyn destroyed Labour as a local political force in the 1980s. But we still have quite a few Lewes street names that remember former Labour mayors and councillors.

On 2 Nov 2017 at 11:59pm Jackie Valliano wrote:
Well, if we drop the Tory bunch then we need to keep the arms trade running smoothly... We're doing really well from that, aha, good old ITAR

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

The repeated attempts to dismiss the covid-19 pandemic as just another flu outbreak ignores a key difference. Flu victims feel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa