Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

I think

On 19 Apr 2017 at 8:14am Billy wrote:
...... that all the political posters on here should take to a soapbox and debate their views in public. Now, that would be fun.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 10:14am vox pop wrote:
I think it would be tedious.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 10:21am Alan the cat wrote:
As tedious as this forum is becoming. They are clearly all housebound manic depressives with no social functions. Just spouting off what they read in the papers.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 11:18am Sexy Botty wrote:
Quite agree. Sad really. I actually think newms need mental health support!
On 19 Apr 2017 at 11:39am Moron wrote:
I like this thread.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 11:52am Pedro wrote:
Creating new local topics and ignoring topics you have little interest in does wonders for the mind. I sense some very irritable people on here with nothing positive (or interesting for that matter) to say, and instead they focus on sharing their frustrations about other forum contributors rather than actually discuss local stuff that they claim this forum is intended for. So they just resort to petty insults and moaning.

On 19 Apr 2017 at 12:14pm Bored of you wrote:
Bog off
On 19 Apr 2017 at 12:29pm Pedro wrote:
C'mon, be fair. You need people like me, to satisfy your trolling appetite. The fact I acknowledge your existence should be hugely flattering to someone like you.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 12:30pm 2.4 child wrote:
The problem Pedr0 is:
1. The political threads are started by fanatics who see everything in black and white. They cannot be reasoned with and think they can tell everyone else how to think.
2. They don't stick to one thread and post on that. They start another thread so as to keep their rantings at the top.
3. Normal posters I suspect have long since deserted this forum.
4. This forum is increasingly seen as a joke and is plagued by trolls, obsessives and fanatics.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 1:04pm bobobob wrote:
The problem 2.4 children is:
1. You keep reading political threads you have no interest in.
2. With a 25 post limit one thread would not last very long so there are many.
3. Do you mean "Normal posters" like you who rotate user names, only comment negatively about topics they don't like but have chosen to read?
4. Er, posters like you are trolling obsessively and fanatically. So you are the plague.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 1:11pm Pedro wrote:
@ 2.4 child. These points may apply to some posters, but this kind of is a reflection of the world in general and some people do often only see their own perspective and issues in black and white. For the more dogmatic posters, just ignore them, its rather futile getting wound up by them. Forums in general are not for the faint-hearted.

Threads seem to have a limit, so when it finally reaches that limit, it comes as no surprise that a continuation thread will pop up. I do agree that there are some rather strange posters on this forum, who exhibit peculiar behaviour. I guess the combination of anonymity, along with very lenient moderation, and no real accountability from unregistered usernames, will often result in daft and odd posts.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 1:24pm The Greek wrote:
Wrong. I am active in my local party and go door-knocking, leafletting etc...
On 19 Apr 2017 at 2:29pm @bobobob wrote:
Have a look at the political threads in the last few days. Have they reached their limit before another is started? NO
Cretin
On 19 Apr 2017 at 2:40pm Frak wrote:
They may not have reached their limit, but they may also be slightly different topics.
You all moan about political rather than local topics, but choosing your local MP seems pretty local to me.
On 19 Apr 2017 at 2:44pm Duh wrote:
That would be because Politics isn't just about one subject that can be exhaustively discussed under one thread heading, cretin!
On 19 Apr 2017 at 2:55pm Hot Lips wrote:
I think you will find they all say much the same thing i.e don't vote for maria.
All pretty pointless ..as if my vote would be swayed by the likes of newms. I would rather shoot myself.....
On 19 Apr 2017 at 3:41pm Alan the cat wrote:
Glad to see thinking of the forum shouting us all down again. Pompous old t#t. You always say so much without saying anything at all. Idiot
On 19 Apr 2017 at 4:15pm Pedro wrote:
Anyways. Who's that git on Southover High Street who either can't park their silver Mercedes A-Class within the lines OR they do it deliberately for some bizarre reason with the wheel on full lock (a broken wishbone is surely not a risk worth taking). If I were a parking inspector, I'd love to sweep up the commission for this re-occurring offence!

On 19 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm teacher wrote:
D+. try harder
On 19 Apr 2017 at 5:11pm Pedro wrote:
@ teacher (if you were responding to me) - I'm actually being serious though. Why do they park like that, every day? Is it to protect their wing mirror?

On 19 Apr 2017 at 7:41pm Susex lad wrote:
Me me me me me me me. Me

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Through the Barbican 125:132
Through the Barbican

it means in a large quantity more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams