Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

I need to park for 4 hours on Wednesday

On 27 Feb 2017 at 8:16am Jennyreeve wrote:
I need to park in Lewes for about 3-4 hours on Wednesday. Does anyone know a car park where I can stay this long, they all seem to be 2 hrs max. I don't want to use the station as it costs a fortune.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 8:32am Sjep76 wrote:
Little East Street and the car park at the top of East Street are both 4 hours max.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 8:46am Lewes man wrote:
Station car park
On 27 Feb 2017 at 8:51am Rookie wrote:
Mountfield Road car park by the football club. 3.70 all day.
Or do what everyone else does and park in Tesco or Aldi for free.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 9:03am Deja Vu wrote:
If you don't go over 3 hours do what Rookie says and park in Tesco's.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 9:09am Parker wrote:
Phoenix car park 4 hours 2.60 - 3.70 all day. Follow link below.
Down load the Parkopedia app. Very handy when looking for parking.

Check it out here »

On 27 Feb 2017 at 9:18am A Person wrote:
Where do you need to be? Some of the outer zones allow parking all day for under 2.

Don't park in Aldi - the time limit is 90 mins and they DO issue tickets (it happened to a friend who hadn't noticed the change in terms)

There is an all day car park by the brewery but that's always jammed packed. And the car park in North St is all day, isn't it?
On 27 Feb 2017 at 9:22am Cynic wrote:
Thee are some free spaces by Laura Ashley in the Cliffe.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 9:26am Know All wrote:
The Cliffe is over the river cynic, dfl are we ?

On 27 Feb 2017 at 10:42am GirlAboutTahn wrote:
Hi Jenny, there are two car parks just a little down from the police station (North St) where you can park all day for a reasonable price.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 12:59pm mr green light wrote:
cynic you talk crap, thats the biggest fine area in lewes two bays for redx and 1 hour
On 27 Feb 2017 at 1:04pm a person wrote:
you want to know a lot!!
On 27 Feb 2017 at 1:16pm Robert wrote:
Several years ago, Lewes, my town, declared itself a Transition Town and, as such, actively encourages the public to move away from private transport using fossil fuels. To me and many others, the sight of what should be green spaces for growing food turned over to concrete to park private cars is sickening. Please consider the environment and use public transport to come here. You will therefore avoid harming the Earth and further polluting our town. For the record, my family and I have used only public transport for the last four and a half years. Cars are not welcome here!!

On 27 Feb 2017 at 1:38pm Bloke wrote:
Depends how lazy you are. You can walk in from outside the zone in about ten minutes. Might be impossible if you are disabled or have heavy stuff to carry though.
On 27 Feb 2017 at 3:09pm pompous pilot wrote:
Robert dear, she didn't ask about you, your family, your feelings, fossil fuels, food growing, concrete, green spaces, public transport, blah blah.

On 27 Feb 2017 at 7:15pm Bob wrote:
Several years ago, Lewes, my town, declared itself a Transition Town and, as such, actively encourages the public to move away from private transport using fossil fuels. To me and many others, the sight of what should be green spaces for growing food turned over to concrete to park private cars is sickening. However, trains only run once a year, usually on a Friday in October. Local bus provision has been cut year on year and Brighton & Hove buses charge you the price of a good night out to go 100 yards. So I'd come by car if I were you.

On 28 Feb 2017 at 8:15am Belladonna wrote:
Parking all day at the station is about a fiver, isn't it ? Not really a fortune. Try the car park by Harvey's brewery/ Phoenix centre. I think it's about 3 for all day.

On 28 Feb 2017 at 1:58pm The Greek wrote:
Corporation Wharf on North Street - 2 all day.

Or little known secret - see if you can park on Pinwell Road by the station, it's free!

On 1 Mar 2017 at 1:06pm Horseman7 wrote:
So Jennyreeve, where did you park in the end?

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bottleneck House 13:143
Bottleneck House

Looks like an anpr camera more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde