Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

IDS Petition

On 6 Apr 2013 at 3:42pm Metatron wrote:
Iain Duncan Smith petition.
Will he put his money where is mouth is?
Sorry I am not trying to make a political point in any way but I just want to see a politition make a complete tw*t of himself.
organised by Dom Aversano

Check it out here »
On 6 Apr 2013 at 4:31pm loadsa Money wrote:
Metatron, he doesn't need to live on that pittance for 2 reasons, 1 because hes not a peasant like you and 2, he's not a work shy benifit sucking scum face!
On 6 Apr 2013 at 5:54pm Old Cynic wrote:
But he is a big mouthed git who has sponged of his rich wife and her toff family for years

On 6 Apr 2013 at 6:59pm drone wrote:
All signed. But doubt that the coward will have the guts or integrity to back up his words. Run away IDS. That`s what cowards usually do.
On 6 Apr 2013 at 7:28pm Marjorie wrote:
Why should he? The only people signing the petition will be the usual workshy brigade. They need to get off thier at backsides and do some real work!
On 6 Apr 2013 at 10:28pm Phfellow2004 wrote:
At my distance, it seems to me that sometimes politicians get themselves stupidly trapped into lifestyle challenges like living off £50+ pw. Such challenges, which occasionally crop up, are usually fuelled and then ignited by the tabloid press and last for a few editions and achieve very little. This IDS challenge seems to fall into this category and he is an easy media target. This seems a pity because few will remember that he was a soldier for 6+ years who served with a distinguished record in N Ireland and elsewhere. Living on the edge under very difficult circumstances was bread and butter for soldiers like IDS and so recent challenges about living off £50+ pw would present absolutely no difficulty for him unlike those others who have been recently reported upon who take substantial welfare payments as a lifestyle option.

On 7 Apr 2013 at 8:34am Dan wrote:
Sorry, but living of £53 is ridiculous! i recently wrote down everything i spend out on a weekly basis, this includes, rent, council tax, food for me, my partner (who doesn't earn as is looking after our 1 year old) and our baby, fuel expenses, tv license, furniture repayments, car insurance, car tax, gas, electric and water, and found out i had sweet F.A left! i personally, would love to know how he expects to live on £53 per week! and for the record Marjorie, i'm not part of the "workshy brigade", i have been working since i was 15.
On 7 Apr 2013 at 9:51am Clifford wrote:
loadsa Money wrote: 'Metatron, he doesn't need to live on that pittance for 2 reasons, 1 because hes not a peasant like you and 2, he's not a work shy benifit sucking scum face!'

So, you've never read his expenses claim or the little scam he did with his wife 'working' for him. I'd say he is 1 a scrounging peasant, and 2 a benefit sucking scum.

Check it out here »

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:46pm Old Cynic wrote:
Sorry Marjorie - I signed the petition and I am none of the things you so eloquently describe in your silly stereotype! Im in full time work and have worked all my life - I was in the Girls Brigade as a kid but I dont think that counts!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 6:26pm Clifford wrote:
Phfellow2004 wrote: '...few will remember that he was a soldier for 6+ years who served with a distinguished record in N Ireland and elsewhere.'
No, a far from distinguished record. Most of his career was spent as a bag carrier to a general. IDS is also a proven liar. What you write is an insult to people who have genuinely served their country and who will now suffer from the Tory/LibDem 'reforms'.

Check it out here »

On 7 Apr 2013 at 8:07pm The Super K wrote:
The fact that it was a Labour attack and the gentleman in question who complained to IDS that he couldnt afford to live of the £53 per week ACTUALLY receives over £100 per week in benefits as well as his S/E income which IS the £53 per week (at least thats all he declares), he takes home over £150 per week... Lets see if IDS can live off that!!!!
Pointless papers making mountains out of mole hills and circulated by morons!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 8:36pm expat two wrote:
A NZ MP made a similar claim here a few years ago, claiming she could live on the benefits allowance, and tried it for 6 weeks. Unfortunately she had to stop after just a couple, the poor thing got ill. Inevitably, she used it as proof that its possible - the illness was unfortunate but she couldn't be expected to carry on after all - and made no mention of what the beneficiaries are expected to do when they get ill.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 117:143
Southover Grange and Gardens

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine