Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

How To Inspire ?

On 14 May 2017 at 9:47am Newms wrote:
I have sat around with remain and progressive campaigners and wondered how we make the case inspiring . In the referendum Remain won arguments, but not hearts.
‘Facts don`t work’ , as Aaron Banks put it but nor, as we see from Cornwall and Wales, does naked appeal to self-interest . The questions is, how to inspire and the question is urgent, in that Lewes is one of a handful of seats where Liberal England can make a stand.
The new French President successfully summoned the spirit of the Republic to crush Le Pens Fascists so perhaps the French have the answer ?
Please enjoy the Marseillaise scene from Casablanca, perhaps the greatest piece of film making there has ever been and a hymn to the dangerous power of inspiration
Vive La France!

Check it out here »
On 14 May 2017 at 10:03am Jimbo wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzz
On 14 May 2017 at 10:13am dairyman wrote:
How did they fit a full orchestra in there?
On 14 May 2017 at 12:16pm Poor effort wrote:
Generally very poor post
On 14 May 2017 at 2:45pm Progressive wrote:
Excellent post from Newms.
On 14 May 2017 at 4:18pm Mark wrote:
It's weird but then that's Newms. It's a very strange experience. I agree with just about everything he's pontificating about these days. La Marseilaise. The most beautiful anthem ever written and that scene from Casablanca! He's moved on from Northern soul, I think.
On 14 May 2017 at 4:58pm Redballs wrote:
Mark it sounds like you and Newman have a Bromance.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

roboqueen 102:132
roboqueen

Thanks for the interesting news. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle