Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

House of Elliott

On 2 May 2008 at 9:36pm Football Crazy wrote:
Is the trouble at the Rooks, caused by a Martin Elliott cash flow crisis? I overheard something today about his business having its credit frozen at a local supplier. Maybe the credit crunch has hit.

On 3 May 2008 at 1:19pm Rookie wrote:
Possibly. He has got new investors in at the Rooks to help fund the club. There is 3 pages worth in yesterdays Express about financial problems.

On 4 May 2008 at 11:15am Sashka wrote:
A number of people on the march yesterday were saying that Philcox (owned by Elliott) owes a specific Lewes company a 5 figure sum, and has had their credit stopped.
If I was owed money by a building firm in the current climate, I would settle any outstanding sum they owed me as quickly as possible.

On 6 May 2008 at 12:05pm Roy wrote:
The company in question supplies wood I hear.

On 7 May 2008 at 12:29am Football Crazy wrote:
That's the one. I wonder if they're the only company having trouble getting paid. i also heard that Rees elliott are trying to sell stuff off.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 48:132
Keere Street Cross

TP 15 Sep - 21-49: I simply don't understand how my "options" do not refer to the current situation. Are you seriously... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington