Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

House hunting

On 16 Jan 2016 at 3:41pm Tinker bell wrote:
We are buying a house in this area and would love to hear opinions on where to look in the surrounding villages. We have been to Ringmer (not quite right for us), Kingston (expensive but nice) and planning a trip to East Chiltington and Plumpton next week. Where else took if we would like lovely countryside, a good pub, friendly neighbours and a 2-3 bedroom house.
On 16 Jan 2016 at 5:06pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Barcombe or Isfield.
On 16 Jan 2016 at 6:39pm tinker bell wrote:
Thats our next trip!
On 16 Jan 2016 at 8:09pm Sussex man wrote:
East Hoathly.- 2 bed terrace 4.5k well that was 1969. But the A22 ran through the village then and you couldn't cross the road.2 good pubs, bypass so quiet road now. One of the best bonfires outside Lewes.
On 16 Jan 2016 at 9:12pm Horseman7 wrote:
Newick and Fletching.
On 16 Jan 2016 at 9:24pm LewesMan wrote:
Good luck,
I would rent or buy what I could in Lewes rather than settle for a place you will regret. There are lovely communities outside Lewes, but it has to be what you want, rather than a substitute for Lewes.
If you are first time buyers, consider renting - and waiting as there are a bunch of new development coming on and they will probably have offers for first time buyers.
I know it can be difficult, but hang in there. Buy what you can and make it yours!

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

English view 35:132
English view

Stephen, I think that you're on the wrong thread. But you are right. Tom likes to subscribe to controversial positions. Some of... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams