Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Hosepipe ban

On 19 Jun 2012 at 12:42pm Drygardener wrote:
Hi Anyone know if its just Lewes that had the ban lifted ?
Does Rinmger fall in the Southern or South East water area and still have a ban enforced ?

On 19 Jun 2012 at 1:08pm Spurter wrote:
No hosepipe ban in Lewes. We are Southern Water. Not sure about Ringmer. Have a look at your water bill?

On 19 Jun 2012 at 1:33pm Sands wrote:
in chailey we pay southern water and south east water....as southern water have lifted the ban can I use my hosepipe?

On 19 Jun 2012 at 1:43pm Hoseless and happy wrote:
Yes still in force in Ringmer as drinking water is supplied by SE Water and sewerage is taken away by Southern Water.

On 19 Jun 2012 at 2:30pm Country Boy wrote:
The water supply area map has some odd boundaries especially around Lewes. I am supplied by SE Water and still have a hosepipe ban, yet just down the road, Southern Water are in control with no ban - all for the sake of a few pipes.

On 20 Jun 2012 at 10:52am Peasant wrote:
Even odder, Ringmer & Chailey (still with a ban) get their water mainly from the river Ouse and its reservoirs, which are pretty full thanks to all the rain, while Lewes water comes from groundwater beloiw the chalk, which is pretty close to its all-time low.
And also we have to pay a lot more for our dual service from two companies (one to supply, one to take away) than Lewes does.
Why on earth do we have multiple privatised foreign-owned water monopolies when they just make things more difficult and expensive?

On 20 Jun 2012 at 12:45pm Little Squirt wrote:
Q. "Why on earth do we have multiple privatised foreign-owned water monopolies when they just make things more difficult and expensive?"
A: Thatcher

On 20 Jun 2012 at 3:40pm Sussex Jim wrote:
A man called at my house last night, and said "Would you like to help us fight the drought in Africa?" I pointed out that my hose would only reach to the end of the drive.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Golden Bike 38:132
Golden Bike

And there was me, thinking it was some new low-impact exercise regime. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs