Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Holiday Abroad

On 5 Jan 2016 at 6:20pm Travel Sick wrote:
My kid is nagging me to have a holiday abroad this year. He's not been abroad yet so I feel I ought to do this for him. Problem is I hate the thought of travelling abroad, what with all the terrorism and my anxiety. A short European break perhaps? Any ideas? A short cruise? I'm just stumped as to what to go for...Holland? Iceland?
On 5 Jan 2016 at 6:49pm concerned wrote:
don't go to Cologne...

Check it out here »
On 5 Jan 2016 at 8:10pm Celine wrote:
Italy. They love children. They're not in the front line for terrorist attacks. And it's the most beautiful country in Europe.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 8:18pm Bongo wrote:
I'm off to Iceland in June. My camera will be worn out, the architecture and natural landscape is stunning with the long light evenings.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 10:22pm A20 wrote:
Try Dover, its nearly abroad, its safe and your kids could learn a new language while they are there.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 11:39pm matilda shadbolt wrote:
NORWAY,,, it's amazing.. but a tad expensive

On 6 Jan 2016 at 7:03am Goforit wrote:
I would go for it. How about Ireland. Still abroad but no language issues. Either Dublin for a cultural four or personally I'd go to the west coast flying into Shannon and hiring a car.
Have fun
On 6 Jan 2016 at 7:04am Goforit wrote:
Oops.... cultural four = cultural tour
On 6 Jan 2016 at 12:41pm Paddy wrote:
Take tree on a cultural tour.
On 6 Jan 2016 at 12:43pm trooper wrote:
@Travel Sick. Take him to GIBRALTAR great place, lots of places for children to explore and of course do not forget the monkeys.Language no problem and currency OK.
HAPPY HOLIDAY
On 6 Jan 2016 at 2:26pm Mark wrote:
Malta is non anxiety-provoking place. Like Gibraltar it's very anglicised.
On 6 Jan 2016 at 5:31pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Gibraltar is British: but limited for a long holiday. And, because of proximity to Spain, they drive on the wrong side of the road.
Malta is good, and friendly; and they drive on the left like us. It's a bit like the Isle of Wight; but with high-rise buildings wherever you look.
Having been to them all, I would recommend (southern) Cyprus for a good mediterannean family holiday. Although Greek, everyone speaks English, they drive on the left, and you can explore an area the size of Wales.

On 7 Jan 2016 at 2:32pm Angus Dogbolt wrote:
Go for Holland.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cross 67:132
Lewes Cross

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington