Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Help! I need somebody

On 26 Nov 2012 at 1:10pm jrsussex wrote:
My spell/grammar check - Grammar OK but spell check has disappeared, any suggestions?

On 26 Nov 2012 at 1:21pm Mr Forks wrote:
Spell correctly?!

On 26 Nov 2012 at 1:54pm Jeremy Clarkson wrote:
Use good grammar?

On 26 Nov 2012 at 2:03pm teacher wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread I thought the Beatles were back. Try an earlier restore point, it sometimes works.

On 26 Nov 2012 at 2:27pm Southover Queen wrote:
JR, do you mean from your word processing program, or from your browser (such as Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer?) If it's the second, it could be that you've recently updated the program and it's lost your settings. Try going into "preferences" and seeing if it's ticked - it might be under "settings" or "extensions", depending on which you use.

On 26 Nov 2012 at 4:02pm jrsussex wrote:
Thanks all - working on micro works word and e-mail but not micro office word, I will try your suggestion later SQ. I.m grateful for the responses.
Teacher- I'm more of a Stone's man than Beetles, lucky enough to have seen them both in the 60's. Cannot believe last nights performance, it looked fantastic, more so given their ages.

On 26 Nov 2012 at 4:05pm jrsussex wrote:
Sorry, Beatles, should have spell-checked.

On 27 Nov 2012 at 10:06am Brixtonbelle wrote:
Make sure you use a British English spellcheck.
SQ - PROGRAM ?

On 27 Nov 2012 at 10:18am Southover Queen wrote:
Program: computer software. Programme: broadcast event or schedule.

On 27 Nov 2012 at 10:36am Clifford wrote:
You disappoint me, jrsussex. I never imagined you had any need for a spellchecker.

On 28 Nov 2012 at 3:41pm brixtonbelle wrote:
My dictionary gives it as U.S. spelling of programme. Computing use of program is U.S. exported. (ner ner ner ner ner !!!)

On 28 Nov 2012 at 4:45pm Kettle wrote:
In computing circles (something I know a bit a about unfortunately) the only acceptable use for software is 'program'. Maybe because most people in this field use the Microsoft Manual of Style - which is, of course, american. The two meanings did diverge a long time ago in the exciting world of technical publications.
I must go now and categorise my biros.

On 29 Nov 2012 at 4:14pm jrsussex wrote:
Now, now Clifford, don't be cheeky. Does make me wonder how we all survived without such things as spellcheck. Thank you to all the problem is fixed. As with when it stopped working I am not sure what I did that kicked it back in but whatever it worked.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Meridian Line 72:132
Lewes Meridian Line

From uiop's latest post on the East chiltington development it still seems to be going ahead. Everywhere I go I see big new... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde