frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Happier days

On 3 Apr 2014 at 7:53am Sceptic wrote:
Wasn't it nice in the days before iPads, mobile phones tv's etc. when children played in the streets and families entertained each other in the evenings. Holidays were a trip to the beach or an occasional outing to the zoo. Ok! So we are living a bit longer today big deal, it's quality not quantity. You could even leave your front door key hanging on a bit of string behind the letterbox without worrying someone would break in. Nearly everyone you speak to in the streets today are either moaning about politics or telling you about their aches and pains. If this is progress well forget it. Now that rant is over I am going to make a nice cuppa and put the telly on.
On 3 Apr 2014 at 9:48am Ironic Eric wrote:
Or they're on here telling everyone, moaning about their gripes and niggles.
Simpler days seem to nicer but I wouldn't have my MacBook Pro and I wouldn't have ............
On 3 Apr 2014 at 10:45am Earl of De Montfort wrote:
It's what you make it. No-one forces you to do these modern things. I see kids playing in the street and we entertain ourselves in the evenings without TV. We have all those things but are able to chose when to use them.

On 3 Apr 2014 at 3:14pm Badger wrote:
There's something amusingly ironic about someone moaning about modern technology on an internet forum...

On 3 Apr 2014 at 4:11pm Sceptic wrote:
Badger you are so right, God I must be turning in to the very person I dislike. Never mind if you can't beat them join them.

On 7 Apr 2014 at 9:40pm Luddite wrote:
Indeed--- all schoolkids should learn to swim in the Pells , like what we did c.1960.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes pottery 75:132
Lewes pottery

The egrets way is only suitable for mountain bikes. The majority of people cycling on the Newhaven road are on road bikes.
It... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell