Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Halloween issues in Ringmer

On 1 Nov 2016 at 4:34pm Dixie Normus wrote:
I have heard from a number of Ringmer residents that the local gangs were out knocking on doors and when they answered sprayed the homeowners with silly string. Typical Ringmer Gang Culture
On 1 Nov 2016 at 4:52pm Old bike wrote:
Similar in Lewes, only the homeowners were 'draped with unbleached hemp twine'. Shocking.
On 1 Nov 2016 at 5:42pm RingmerResident wrote:
Really? This is what you heard?
How strange, because I was out roaming the streets of Ringmer last night with my children and it was the most lovely atmosphere. Dozens and dozens of houses twinkled with candle lit pumpkins, fairy lights and candles. Every door knocked on was met with lovely smiling faces offering sweets, chocolates and home made cakes to the children. The rule of 'only knock on the door if there is a pumpkin outside' was respected by everyone. Every one passing each other was merrily saying ''Happy Holloween!'' to each other. It actually couldn't have been more twee. I saw a few small groups of older children/teenagers and witnessed them knocking on doors and their manners were absolutely impeccable, with well spoken conversation with the homeowners and 'thank yous' abound. Once we got home and my children were tucked up in bed we left our pumpkin glowing on the drive in case any older children or teenagers passed by, as a welcome for them to knock as we had lots of sweets to give them........but none came. The streets were utterly silent with everyone back indoors by 7:30pm. I went for a drive around Ringmer at 8.30 - 9pm as I wanted to look at all the houses so beautifully decorated and there was not a soul walking around.
Today I spoke to loads of parents at school, villagers on the green walking their dogs, at the shops, neighbours in my road and residents of other roads, etc. etc. and every single person bar none was smiling about what a lovely evening it had been.
There were no gangs. There are no gangs in Ringmer, how funny!
And what's even funnier is that 'Dixie Normus', the person who posted this post, has the same ISP number as the person who posted about cars not being safe to be left in Ringmer on 5th Nov AND the same ISP number of the person who posted about (non-existent) vans being broken in to in Ringmer, which means it is the 1 same person posting about Ringmer under different names. EXPOSED!!!!! Ha ha.
On 1 Nov 2016 at 6:05pm Mark wrote:
Ringmerresident... Eeerm.... How exactly do you get isp numbers out of a post on a forum?
On 1 Nov 2016 at 6:16pm RingmerResident wrote:
If you go to the thread entitled 'Suspicious minds' and find the post by 'Hyeana' it tells you how to do it.
It works.
On 1 Nov 2016 at 8:30pm Mrs p wrote:
iWell done ringmerResideny , good sleuthing , good to put the record straight :-)
On 1 Nov 2016 at 8:40pm Parent wrote:
There was a serious incident in Lewes. My son returned home having been given organic hand knitted yogurt covered raisins. Poor little sod was traumatised.
On 1 Nov 2016 at 9:36pm Isp wrote:
Busted!
We had a great time visiting friends for a kids party, then trick and treating. Arranged parking for the 5th as well thanks Ringmer
On 1 Nov 2016 at 10:36pm Mrs Twine wrote:
I am sorry about the twine nuisance, dears. I sold a quantity to a Mr Normus who assured me that it would be used to knit a straitjacket - I am not sure who for, though I could hazard a guess. @ Parent, the yogurt and raisins were delicious; you should accustom your child to eating more healthy food.
On 1 Nov 2016 at 11:19pm Bonfire wrote:
You should probably get a bonfire or something
On 2 Nov 2016 at 6:16am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Mrs Twine! How lovely to hear from you, it's been a long time.

On 2 Nov 2016 at 8:07am Peasant wrote:
One of the first two posts sounds a lot more like Ringmer than the other!
Ringmer has a great community, but you wouldn't know unless you live here and it would not suit everybody. Dixie Normus, under his various aliases, is just trying to do his bit to avoid too many people, especially the wrong kind of people, finding out.
On 2 Nov 2016 at 9:40am Dixie Normus wrote:
@ringmerresident - I am afraid your wonderful detective work is in fact not true. I am not the same person who posted either of those posts. And in fact the van break in was in fact true, a Ringmer lad named Jim had his tools stolen, this was shared numerous times on social media. I will admit however, that I did make up the gangs with silly string, and I caught a BIG ONE who took the bait. Enjoy your day and have a pleasant bonfire season KR Dixie
On 2 Nov 2016 at 10:16am Jeff wrote:
Anyone know what an ISP number is?
On 2 Nov 2016 at 10:24am Isp police wrote:
Only a webmaster or admin can see isp of posters. So no idea what previous poster was on about. There is no help page with settings etc
On 2 Nov 2016 at 10:49am The Real Farmer Pru wrote:
And it was me that posted re: rough Ringmer residents. Just trolling - it's great in Ringmer. I didn't know the pumpkin trick so am left with loads of Mars bars. But I'm not Dixie.
On 2 Nov 2016 at 2:16pm RingmerResident wrote:
@ISP police
Yes I know there is no help page with settings etc. to trace ISP numbers. I was bluffing!
I did it to see if it would lead to any confessions.
Which it did.
Which is almost as clever of me as if I had have worked out how to track ISP numbers.
On 2 Nov 2016 at 6:08pm Computer bod wrote:
ISP = Internet Service Provider Such as BT, Sky, Talktalk etc. I would imagine that what you mean is an IP address.
On 2 Nov 2016 at 6:26pm Belladonna wrote:
Mrs Twine ! Good to hear you are still knitting yoghurt. How's Mr Twine ?

On 2 Nov 2016 at 10:27pm Boo wrote:
Has anyone ever looked into the origins of Halloween?? I think if you did you would steer clear away, especially with your children!!

On 3 Nov 2016 at 5:37am Landporter wrote:
Halloween is a bit of fun, get over it.

On 3 Nov 2016 at 9:05pm Ed Can Do wrote:
A lot of people post on here from their phones I would imagine which tends to use a dynamic IP range, IP tracking is a fairly old school way of moderating forums.

Not sure why I validated this thread with a response.

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery 40:132
Harveys Brewery

Bless you my son even if you have been sampling the communion wine in copious amounts. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams