Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Halal

On 19 Sep 2010 at 11:21pm queequeg wrote:
Wail on Sunday today making a big thing about the secret spread of Halal meat, do we have a view on this? I think we do!
On 19 Sep 2010 at 11:43pm IMEYOU wrote:
Gonna order a kebab !

On 20 Sep 2010 at 10:31pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
How is it secret ? Halal is usually labelled as such. I've eaten loads of it as most of the butchers in Broxton market were halal. What's the problem with it ?

On 20 Sep 2010 at 10:55pm queequeg wrote:
I guess the problem is one of animal welfare. The animal cannot be stunned prior to having it's throat cut. No one can really know but we guess that consciousness may possibly remain for around 5 minutes in some cases.
I shall have to ask in the Shanaz if they use Halal, it may come down to sticking to prawns, it's hard to imagine them being ritually slaughtered.
And BB apparently there is no requirement for Halal labelling. But I bet there is for non Halal in certain instances.

On 21 Sep 2010 at 12:18am simon wrote:
Kill 'em all, I say !!. Chickens, that is. I wonder how many restuarants in Lewes use free range Chicken ? None of the Curry houses advertise as such, certainly not the Chinese restaurants and I doubt the old Kebab shops care 2 figs where the "elephants foot" in the window comes from. I wonder whether the question about Halal meat is deliberately provocative. Lets look closer to home shall we ?
On 27 Sep 2010 at 8:28pm Peter Byron wrote:
Forget Halal, my problem is most establishments serve frozen and that my friends is the problem. My Ex gir,l Boon said most chickens sold here came from Thailand, perish the thought, airmiles must cause a decline in flavour??? As for how the animal is killed, well cutting it's throat, stunning it or wringing it's bloody neck all has the same result, so let us be honest about animal welfare eh? My supper tonight wss shot with lead and was delish. Peter

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

Home schooling not going so well? Id lay off the Fortnite mate. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine