Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Had enough

On 20 Aug 2015 at 4:15pm Hadenuff wrote:
I used to enjoy the forum, but now its just become a platform for political claptrap. I for one really couldn't give a terd who is to be elected Labour leader, and I'm sure nearly 90% of forum readers & contributors couldn't care either. Thumbs up if you agree. That should show whether we want to suffer it or not day after day, week after week.
On 20 Aug 2015 at 6:04pm Time for a U turn wrote:
In tUrd. Indeed some posters should be interred.
On 21 Aug 2015 at 4:09am Earl of Lewes wrote:
I do care who becomes leader of the Labour party, but I don't think Lewes Forum is the place to talk about it. It's almost as boring as two years ago, when this turned into the Mumford and Sons Forum.
On 21 Aug 2015 at 8:05am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
No-one forces you to read threads about Corbyn or anything else that doesn't interest you. The fact that there are posts on political threads would seem to suggest that these matters do interest forum contributors.
Maybe you should try starting a different topic for discussion, about something that you DO care about.
On 21 Aug 2015 at 8:40am pope wrote:
Good idea! lets start by talking about bonfire night, that never gets mentioned. Or noisy neighbours that should be fun.
On 21 Aug 2015 at 9:22am Taff wrote:
Certainly up for Bonfire.
I bypass all football connected themes, just does not interest me whatsoever. You have a choice what you want to get interested in. Same as you have the choice to enter this website. Same as you have the choice to switch on your PO or laptop or tablet or phone, whichever product you chose to be able to access the intersurfyweb.

On 21 Aug 2015 at 1:11pm Curate wrote:
I know you love bonfire, pope.

On 21 Aug 2015 at 1:34pm Taff wrote:
Bless you.

On 21 Aug 2015 at 10:47pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Of course, you have a point ACT. Unwanted posts can be ignored. But the fact that 'Hadenuffs' comment was, at the time of writing, approved by 47 votes to 6 must tell you something. This forum has descended into a place for people to air national political views. If that is what the majority of Lewesians really want, then so be it. But there must be somewhere else more suited to that on the world wide web, surely?

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Infernal reflections 46:132
Infernal reflections

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine