Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Gyms in Lewes

On 12 Aug 2012 at 6:26pm Chris R wrote:
I will be working in lewes for a month while my company relocates there. As I will be away from home I was hoping to go the gym, do you know if there are any gyms in lewes that allow visitors to use them paying a fee each time rather than a membership?
On 12 Aug 2012 at 8:36pm Christine ash wrote:
Hi I have a gym in lewes - the bodyworkshop in north street. BN7 2PE. www.bodyworkshop.biz find me on Facebook as Christine ash or Body Workshop on u tube. BWLewes. I have a free weights area. Cv seperate area -bike treadmills cross trainer stepper rower nd a power plate (you can find info on power plate on my u tube channel). I run Pilates step circuit aerobics and Zumba classes and you can pay as you go £5 per gym or £6 per class. Christine ash. 01273478525
On 12 Aug 2012 at 8:51pm Gary Strydom wrote:
The above gym is full of steroid heads, if that's what you're into then fine. Just warning you
On 12 Aug 2012 at 9:45pm Bonfire Boy wrote:
The Above Gym is not full of steroid heads,it a very nice Gym with very nice people Its has very good facilities & the staff are very welcoming !
On 13 Aug 2012 at 12:43pm Sue wrote:
After watching all those fit bodies in the Olympics I am also looking for a gym ( not the Leisure Centre as I can't get there easily) Is the White Hart still a bit grim and grubby and does anyone use he small gym at the Southdown?
On 13 Aug 2012 at 3:24pm Captain wrote:
Wave leisure is very good, well stocked gym, reasonable opening times etc. the reception staff are really nice.. Only down side is avoid going between 3 and 5 pm when the school kids go.. Its great the school kids can get to a gym (never had the chance when i was a kid) but some of them (a very very small group) do mess around a bit... But appart from that its great..
On 14 Aug 2012 at 12:13pm AKane wrote:
I do step at www.bodyworkshop.biz - cool place, really chilled
On 16 Aug 2012 at 8:25pm ruggerman wrote:
no the white hart gym isn't still grubby. its going through schanges and things are looking up. new manager too
On 17 Aug 2012 at 7:54am Sue wrote:
Thats good to hear ruggerman, I may well give it another go if they are definitely making improvements and are serious about what their customers want.
On 18 Aug 2012 at 1:20pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Why pay to use a gym at all? Walk to work, or school with your kids. Shift a few wheelbarrows of soil, or knock up a bit of concrete for your DIY project. If you have to drive a few miles to school, park short and walk in. Use the stairs and not the lift at work. Etc,etc...
On 19 Aug 2012 at 12:17pm Double Topp wrote:
The Body workshop IS full of Roid heads... the equipment is all old and broken, and there is rarely anyone supervising.....
White hart is Expensive and rubbish....
There is a leisure centre... not been there for a while but I hear good things... But Lewes is a lovely town on the sussex down... go for a run up the race course... or bike to Black cap...
Cheap as chips
On 1 Nov 2016 at 2:14am Nick wrote:
Hi, sorry for responding to such an old thread but i've recently moved to Lewes, just wondering what people think of the white hart gym now? is the equipment ok? I was going to sign up at the wave leisure but the instructor told me it is going to be closed for a week or so in december for a refurb and you still get charged whilst not being able to use the gym..

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

One of each 103:143
One of each

Were the Borough Zulus blacking up last night? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes