Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Grit bins

On 21 Dec 2011 at 11:58am Dave wrote:
Where have they all gone?

I've just been told if you want one in your street you have to pay Lewes District Council £150 to have one put back and then more each time they fill it up.

What do we pay our taxes for then?
I didn't fight in two World Wars to be treated like this, apparently Abergavenny Road has a grit bin, what's so bloody special about them, no one down there pays tax anyway.

On 21 Dec 2011 at 12:27pm Cllr Ashley Price wrote:
You didn't fight in two world wars, as there is no longer anyone alive who fought in the First World War.
Unless you're a ghost of course... then I suppose if you are a ghost you have more major issues to worry about than grit bins.

On 21 Dec 2011 at 2:52pm Frankfurtersausage wrote:
There is one in Mount Harry Road, One at the bottom of Hill Road one at the start of Newton Road. Theres 3 just for starters.................

On 21 Dec 2011 at 5:47pm I dont live in lewes... wrote:
Cllr Ashley Price.... "Dave" truthfully said he didn't fight in 2 world wars so I don't understand your comments and fail to see why you feel the need to poke your tongue out... unless you intend to shortly lick a window.
Dave made a very valid comment.
BTW with few exceptions I don't like Cllrs and I don't like paying council tax.
PhilX

On 21 Dec 2011 at 7:25pm bob wrote:
Hi, I can't agree more with Dave..
It's an absolute liberty how lewes council treats its law abiding tax payers.. I dare say a few of the low life councillors will have some buy to let's in Abergavenny road and they need good access to collect there rents or send the bully boys around when someone is behind ... I personally know some good people down in Abergavenny and there salt of the earth...
Bob

On 21 Dec 2011 at 11:45pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
There was an article in one of the local news letters about the grit bins, i cant remember which, i think it was Viva Lewes, but it stated that anyone is allowed to take grit from them to do the pavement outside your own house, and if it needs filling up, you just ring them and they will do it.

On 22 Dec 2011 at 6:31pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I noticed two 1-tonne bags of what appeared to be road salt on the roundabout at Tesco the other day. I suppose they really need road salt there, on account of it being so hilly.
I'm also curious as to why the gritter does the very bottom of Nevill, by the shop, and doesn't bother going up the hill, leaving everyone from Caburn Crescent upwards snowed in if we have more than an inch.
I think they should at least grit local bus routes.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Martyrs 75:143
Lewes Martyrs

If you can provide statistical evidence that crime has never been so high then blame austerity and write to Maria. Having a pop... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell