Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Greentopia again!

On 24 Oct 2017 at 10:45am Furious Lewes resident wrote:
So, you didn't turn up yet again on Monday? You came on this forum last week saying you wanted communication and that you would be sending someone out to do collections on Monday (yesterday) to make up for the recent missed collections. Surprise surprise, no one arrived. We have now cancelled our direct debit - but - you owe people money - could you please tell us how and when you are going to repay us all?

On 24 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm Iris wrote:
I couldn't stop my bank paying Greentopia even though I cancelled and even though I warned my bank that Greentopia still seem to take the money after cancellation. The moral is be careful who you sign direct debits with. If they have your details, they can come back any time and take your money. It is possible that the only secure way out is to close your bank account.
On 24 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm @ Iris wrote:
Take it up with your bank. There is a direct debit guarantee which means you should get a refund from your bank as they allowed the direct debit to take even though you had cancelled it.
On 24 Oct 2017 at 1:56pm Deja Vu wrote:
@Iris too, as long as you gave enough notice your bank CANNOT stop you cancelling the DD, the moral of the story is:
1. You have the right to cancel a DD
2. It is not down to your bank to decide if you can or can't cancel it (or whether you owe the money)
3. You need to mention the "Direct Debit Guarantee" and that it is an "unauthorised debit", ask your bank for a full explanation
4. Funds MUST be placed back into your account within 24 hours (mention the DD guarantee if they refuse and it will happen)
On 24 Oct 2017 at 11:07pm Mark1234 wrote:
can second the direct debit guarantee arrangement. my bank wil also block greentopia if they try to take out money. they said to write to Greentopia informing of cancellation (but not essential to cancel DD). I wonder about a joint small claims court action by some of us - ie sharing cost of legals - not sure - these are clearly scammers so they would just disappear i guess. its a shame we dont know where they are. Where are you Ryan?
On 25 Oct 2017 at 4:35pm Fed up wrote:
Were is Ryan?has he done a runner with our money sunning himself in the sun? He better watch out cliffs bonfire will be after him and put him on a pole and carry him round the streets if they can find him.

On 26 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm Michael wrote:
After Ryans message saying he is getting new VAN ,has anyone seen it.So far one pick up in 10 , lots of trips to Lewes Waste tip.
On 26 Oct 2017 at 5:21pm Mike Nelson wrote:
I expect all they could afford was an old ford transit van from an auction site.
I imagine a real refuse collection lorry is quite an expensive purchase.
It seems The Argus are doing a follow up article to be published in the next few days which perhaps will show a picture of the new van
On 27 Oct 2017 at 8:36am Mike Nelson wrote:
Argus article is disappointing and does not cover the fact they still don't collect any garden waste.

Check it out here »

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

extinction rebellion lewes 36:132
extinction rebellion lewes

HS2 springs to mind. What a waste of money and environment. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell