Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Green leaflet for Bridge

On 9 Feb 2018 at 12:48pm Sashimi wrote:
My neighbours in Malling and I have received a ‘Thank you’ newsletter from Chelsea Renton, the newly elected Green town councillor for Bridge Ward. Chelsea as founder of Lewes Phoenix Rising did her best to prevent the large brownfield site at North Street being regenerated with 416 homes (165 of them 'affordable'). Chelsea and LPR in a press release, vigorously rebutted by the Council, now seem to be having another go at extracting the site which has been more or less derelict since the flood in 2000. Meanwhile, she is promoting the development of the green field site on Old Malling Farm.
So is Green policy now ‘Greenfield YES, Brownfield NO’? The Green leaflet seems to suggest this.The Greens didn’t lift a finger when OMF was proposed for the Local Plan by the Government Inspector. Perhaps Chelsea and fellow Green Bridge councillor Jo Carter, a very rare bird occasionally found in Malling during the voting season, should sometime try talking to constituents?
On 9 Feb 2018 at 4:17pm inthegutter wrote:
@Sashimi Your post is an intentional misrepresentation of LPR (which I have nothing to do with). LPR are not against the redevelopment of North Street just the particular vision of the current plan. They sought more desperately needed affordable housing and a desire to preserve some of the industrial heritage of the area.
On 9 Feb 2018 at 6:00pm Feline wrote:
If Sashimi is John Stockdale, who I think has used this name on this forum before, he lives next to Old Malling Farm so of course doesn't want it.
On 9 Feb 2018 at 7:04pm Who’s the Moron? wrote:
What else do you expect from the daughter of a Tory Grandee?
On 9 Feb 2018 at 7:55pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The Liberals used to tour the the streets with loudspeaker vans, or in open-top buses, thanking the entire population for voting for them wherever the won a seat. Fortunately, they are now an obsolescent party in terminal decline.
From a green point of view I think that the NSQ should be developed first for low-cost housing; with an extended sprawl into the countryside as a future option. But why should future housing to cater for our expanding population be built in the south-east?
A TV program yesterday featured houses in the north being sold for £1. They need refurbishment, obviously; but why not allow the homeless and unemployed to relocate, rebuild and create a community- which will ultimately create jobs?
On 9 Feb 2018 at 8:41pm Jack wrote:
green party are the two face party
On 9 Feb 2018 at 10:03pm Feline wrote:
The south east of England is the fourth most densely populated area in the world.
On 9 Feb 2018 at 11:00pm Local wrote:
Sounds like rubbish to me
On 9 Feb 2018 at 11:09pm Jack wrote:
so the green party did to stop driving around in vans an d 4x4 . vote green get bull sh#t
On 10 Feb 2018 at 1:27am Jack wrote:
sorry ment need to stop driving 4x4
On 10 Feb 2018 at 12:43pm a nory wrote:
we know what you ment, Jack. You meant to say 4x4. I mean, you're just another Lewes illiteratus. Kind regards.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery 40:132
Harveys Brewery

There was a lot of anger towards these people a year ago. Let's hope they're all doing good now. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo