Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Godfather !! Tonight at 9.00 on Film 4.

On 18 Apr 2011 at 7:35pm Film Buff wrote:

Film The Godfather (1972)
Hospitalised after an attempt on his life, the patriarch of the Corleone crime family passes control to his three sons - the violent and unpredictable Sonny, the weak-willed Fredo, and Michael, the youngest brother who reluctantly takes up the reins and yet proves to be the most ruthless of them all. Francis Ford Coppola's gangster drama, starring Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, John Cazale, Talia Shire, Robert Duvall and Diane Keaton.
How many times have I seen this...?
Be watching it again though.
The best.....

On 18 Apr 2011 at 10:53pm MC wrote:
It's over three hours long and doesn't end till 20 minutes after midnight. Oh no.

On 18 Apr 2011 at 10:55pm Film Buff. wrote:
I'm sticking with it cos it's a CLASSIC!!!

On 19 Apr 2011 at 12:24am wrote:
It was very good. I'm moved to download the next two.

On 19 Apr 2011 at 8:50am jrsussex wrote:
I watched and enjoyed it yet again, the first time being in 1972, and unquestionably it is an iconic film. However in all the times I have watched it there is, in my opinion, one fault and that is the casting of one of the main characters, James Caan, Sonny in the film. Because every main character is played by a mediterranean or an actor that looks as if they are from that part of the world. Caan does not and his attempts with his hand movements etc to give an Italian impression simply do not work. I am not suggesting he did not act the part well, I just believe the part should have gone to an actor who looked the part and whose gesticulations came to him naturally. I know Robert Duval was not a "mediterranean looking actor" nor spoke in that manner but the part he played as the consigliere was as an American, which it was meant to be. What do you think Film Buff?

On 19 Apr 2011 at 1:40pm Deelite wrote:
Brando's stuffed cheeks kept dragging me back from fantasy,

On 20 Apr 2011 at 4:53pm Film Buff wrote:
I had never really thought about it JR...Sonny that is.
I watched Godfather 2 last night and haven't checked yet but I am assuming 3 is on tonight?
Maybe it is because I have watched GF 1 so many times but to me it is still the best of the 3....

On 21 Apr 2011 at 3:45pm jrsussex wrote:
Film Buff. Sorry been in Bournemouth for a couple of days, have only just got back. You will appreciate that you can only see Caan's performance in The Godfather as he gets killed in the first film. It is just something, the poor casting, I have always thought and as an obvious film lover I wondered what you view may be.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo