Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

God save the queen

On 2 Jun 2012 at 6:11am Patriot wrote:
God save the queen!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!lets be proud and enjoy!!! Cheers

On 2 Jun 2012 at 8:17am Pete wrote:
A bit early for that sort of thing isn't it !! But, we're off to the Nevill Extravaganza on Monday, so I hope the rain holds off !!
On 2 Jun 2012 at 10:38am Lol wrote:
I do not envy you lot!!!
Absolute losers
On 2 Jun 2012 at 11:36am Up the Republic wrote:
'save' her from what? I've always wondered. Having to earn her own living I assume.
On 2 Jun 2012 at 2:43pm Mungo wrote:
Flags are out all round my house and I'm going to have a cracking weekend celebrating our queens 60 years on the throne. She's a fantastic lady and deserves it.
On 2 Jun 2012 at 3:58pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
@Up the republic:
What the chuff do you think she has been doing for the past 60 years you numpty? How many 86-year olds put in the hours she does, do you think?
Your posting tag suggest you may well be a Republican. Fine. I am not convinced myself that a constitutional monarchy is the best way forward, but equally it has served us pretty well for the past umpteen hundred years.
Then again, HMQ did not exactly ask to be born into her current position. I would not want her job for all the money in the world.
So I will raise a glass to her on Tuesday, for 60 years of serving this country in a far better way than your average civil servant, or elected MP, has ever done.
On 2 Jun 2012 at 5:38pm Myself wrote:
@Cliffe Hnager. I'd have a crack at her job if it's going, i'll do it for nowt.
On 2 Jun 2012 at 5:54pm padster wrote:
Cliffe hanger, i think you just believe all the gushing hype that surrounds the royal family. What hard work do you refer to when talking about the queen? Travelling around the world on her own yacht, or flying in a private plane , having the very best in health care at her beck and call, never having to worry about the things that we the people have to.
What exactly is this hard work you talk of?
What about the gravy train that is the royal family, do you like paying for princess michael of Kent and her stupid husband, good if you do, it's your tax's, but i don't. Just because the royal family has been around for years does not make it right.
Remember when Diana died , the queen showed her contempt for " her subjects" only political pressure made her come down to London , she knows not to bite the hands that feed her.
I support an English republic and the royal family can go .......somewhere else.
On 2 Jun 2012 at 7:59pm Up the Republic wrote:
Cliffe Hanger - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
On 2 Jun 2012 at 10:35pm Emma Bunting wrote:
Don't bring Diana into it - she was an absolute embarrassment to the Royal family. It always amazes me how short people's memories are - do you remember that virtually everyone disliked her on 30th August 1997?
As for HRQ, what a fantastic service she has done for this nation and I echo Cliffe Hanger's sentiments
On 3 Jun 2012 at 7:47am padster wrote:
I bring Diana in to it to highlight the queens contempt for the wishes of her subjects. The queen caved in as she and the royal family know that in order to keep their privilege its one big PR exercise.
I am as disinterested in Diana as much as any member of the royal family.
I see its raining today , such a shame.
On 3 Jun 2012 at 9:51am sceptic wrote:
Be proud of your country and stop whinging.
On 3 Jun 2012 at 10:18am padster wrote:
Firstly an ungracious comment by me re: the weather, i do not want to suggest others cannot or should not go out and enjoy the day how they see fit.
Sceptic what is my country? England or Britain?
In order to be proud of ones country does that mean love of the monarchy? Not in my book it doesn't.
You seem to suggest that because it appears i am a minority view i should shut up, where have we herd that sort of thing before.
PS another young soldier dead in a Afghanistan, a family in mourning today, fighting for queen and country he was, I wonder if the queen will shed a tear for him today?
On 3 Jun 2012 at 12:10pm Got the hump wrote:
You prat Padstar of course she will be!!that just shows what little you know about it !
On 3 Jun 2012 at 1:28pm Clifford wrote:
Got the hump wrote: 'You prat Padstar of course she will be!!that just shows what little you know about it !'

I see we have a member of the royal family among us. How else would Got the hump know what the queen does or does not do in private?
On 3 Jun 2012 at 2:32pm padster wrote:
I have touched a nerve .
Good.
I am not hear to change your mind but to remind you we don't all think the same.
I don't need to revert to name calling either.
The last recourse of a losing argument, name calling.
On 3 Jun 2012 at 3:56pm Royal hating pedant wrote:
...or mentioning spelling. It's 'here'.
On 3 Jun 2012 at 3:57pm Royal hating pedant wrote:
One for Padster. Recognise the tune?
On 3 Jun 2012 at 5:41pm padster wrote:
joe fagan Fu+%ed the queen.
you are nothing to me.
stick that in your royal pipe and smoke it.

On 3 Jun 2012 at 5:43pm padster wrote:

On 3 Jun 2012 at 6:05pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Padster, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the "Padster" who posted yesterday at 17:54 and again today at 07:47, 10:18 and 14:32 was you. Your comments then were at least debatable. The "Padster" who posted at 17:41 today made little or no sense, ditto the "Padster" who thoughtfully contributed a full stop at 17:43.
It was actually Michael Fagan who broke into HMQ's bed chamber back in 1982, according to Wikipedia. I have no idea what actually happened, though I very much doubt sexual intercourse took place!

On 3 Jun 2012 at 6:08pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Or maybe it was you all along, and by 17:41 this afternoon you had imbibed slightly too much of Harvey's Elizabethan Ale.
On 3 Jun 2012 at 6:27pm Benefit scrounged wrote:
Leave the royal family alone they are record holders. The Queen, has managed to live on benefits all life! Is this record?
On 3 Jun 2012 at 6:29pm Benefit scrounged wrote:
Should read 'all her life'.

On 3 Jun 2012 at 6:45pm ForgiFodster wrote:
Forgive me, Michael fagan, I try to remain above the banter but sometimes I need to give the proverbial two fingers too.
Enjoy the celebrations. Each to their own.
On 3 Jun 2012 at 7:45pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Exactly ForgiFodster, assuming you are also Padster, whether the pre 17:41 today version, or the post 17:41 today version, or both. We have both expressed our views, and I don't think we are going to agree. So let's enjoy a few days off.
On 4 Jun 2012 at 8:56am Sceptic wrote:
After reading all the above posts I can see both sides of the debate but to be honest can you imagine what this country would be like without the monarchy. I honestly believe its the monarchy that gives this country an identity, without it we would be an insignificant little country and would lose the respect of a lot of nations. Believe it or not a lot of countries are envious of our historical background. So come on bite the bullet and I am sure the positive outweighs the negative.
On 4 Jun 2012 at 10:31am Kettle wrote:
The country would obviously benefit from not having such a toxic example of inherited priviledge to represent it.
We don't lose our history by getting rid of them either.

On 4 Jun 2012 at 11:49am sceptic wrote:
Explain how this country would benefit Kettle.
On 4 Jun 2012 at 2:28pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
If the monarchy gives us our "identity", Sceptic, how come the French, Germans, Italians and US all have strong national identities?
On 4 Jun 2012 at 5:36pm Kettle wrote:
Maybe you like being governed by the bullingdon club. I think that inherited priviledge stinks.
I think this country would benefit from being more egalitarian It would also mean that the rest of the world might stop seeing us as an anachronistic joke that hangs on to it's dubious past rather than moving forward.
Hope you enjoyed the bread and circuses.
On 4 Jun 2012 at 6:28pm pedant wrote:
Kettle - Great post but please, it's means it is.
On 4 Jun 2012 at 6:36pm Sussex Jim wrote:
It's about time these whingeing non- working republican lefties realised that their cause is finished. The traditional hard-working monogamous family keeps this country afloat, and our parliamentry system and ideals allow dissenters to voice their opinions without fear of retribution. The Queen is not a benefit scrounger; she is the richest woman in the world, yet she chooses to work on until death ,practically full-time, to be one of the prime examples of a representative of freedom. It's a pity that most of her kids have c**ked up their marriages, or more importantly our Empire is no longer running Africa; but just remember how well we are doing. As Macmillian said- "You've never had it so good!"
Raise an affordable glass to Britain, and Her Majesty. Cheers!

On 4 Jun 2012 at 8:28pm Kettle wrote:
Oh cr@p. iPad autocorrect,honest.
On 4 Jun 2012 at 10:01pm oilbarron wrote:
Glass raised indeed. The Queen stands head and shoulders above all of us.
The wealth she has brought to this country cannot be measured. It's immense.
The country adore her, unlike the wasteful politicians before past,present and future. Her popularity outperforms them all. You want a president ? Er...no thanks. Long live the Queen ..
On 4 Jun 2012 at 11:19pm brixtonbelle wrote:
what annoys me is that there is not one single bank holiday that celebrates the british people as a whole. I'd really like a workers day to pay tribute to all the hard working ordinary people of this country, the millions of whom keep the place going. The wealth they have brought to this country is immense. It cannot be measured.

1 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

Polly as most of the responses don't seem to provide a complete answer to your question I can provide my experiences of the Lewes... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina